The P45 Edinburgh Derby

8 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Despite the two horrendous knee injuries he still played in excess of 370 games for Hearts.  A fantastically cultured defender who was touted for a move abroad or to England before the first injury,  a tremendous footballer.

Shite manager mind you...

That's a bit more than I'd have thought. My memories from the time are that Hearts were always waiting for him to come back and sort out their defensive troubles.

Had he stayed fit and played in a more successful team I think we'd be bracketing him with the likes of David Narey now. 

13 hours ago, Romeo said:

I'm assuming the Hertz lads don't want Harry Potter to get his jotters now?

No. I think Levein should resign today. He would go out on a high.

Watched highlights, had to laugh at Uche ripping the utter piss out of Hibs' flacid excuse for a defence. It even made our defence look decent, barr giving Mallan all the space he needed to do the only thing he can do.

Funny that a deflected late goal has now turned an decent enough performance from Hickey (nothing exceptional) into him being the right back solution for Scotland. Hearts fans love a sweeping exaggeration.

Kenny Miller was saying last night ‘yet again we’ve produced an exceptional left back, how do we get him into the Scotland team’.

I’m no expert but the only time I’ve seen him he basically chucked the game for hearts at Pittodrie.

Hopefully he is as good as they say but I doubt anyone can say with much confidence.

14 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Funny that a deflected late goal has now turned an decent enough performance from Hickey (nothing exceptional) into him being the right back solution for Scotland. Hearts fans love a sweeping exaggeration.

He played well in one of our biggest games of the season and he's only 17 years old, I think that alone is pretty fucking impressive. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Kenny Miller was saying last night ‘yet again we’ve produced an exceptional left back, how do we get him into the Scotland team’.

I’m no expert but the only time I’ve seen him he basically chucked the game for hearts at Pittodrie.

Hopefully he is as good as they say but I doubt anyone can say with much confidence.

I'm not away to say he's going to be the next Andy Robertson as has been pointed out before we have a great knack for ruining young players, however I feel like if pundits and fans that are watching him every week are saying he looks an excellent prospect, with some confidence, it's a better indicator than the one game you've watched him in.  :lol:

I'm not away to say he's going to be the next Andy Robertson as has been pointed out before we have a great knack for ruining young players, however I feel like if pundits and fans that are watching him every week are saying he looks an excellent prospect, with some confidence, it's a better indicator than the one game you've watched him in.  :lol:

You think Kenny miller watches him every week?

46 minutes ago, GorgieRoad said:

He played well in one of our biggest games of the season and he's only 17 years old, I think that alone is pretty fucking impressive. 

Okay cool, we will build the team around him and Cochrane if that is all it takes. Smashing. 

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Hickey was great in the Scottish Cup final, aged 16, as well. But he's fine in the Scotland U19s for now.

He was great that day and he looks a good prospect. There wouldn't be a hype around him just now, though, if he didn't score with a massively deflected goal on Sunday. Something that didn't really improve his overall performance.

3 hours ago, Darren said:

Hickey was great in the Scottish Cup final, aged 16, as well. But he's fine in the Scotland U19s for now.

Agreed. Watching as a neutral in the Hearts end I thought he looked composed and didn't look out of place at all. I hope he keeps progressing like this because in the games I've seen him he's been good to watch.