Brechin V Cove

Looking forward to today’s match. Cove going into the game coming off our cup loss and looking to bounce back strongly. We missed the leadership, experience, strength of Fyvie in the cup but with him back in the team it should  help us get the 3 points. No certainties in this league though.

Hopefully Glass can be as creative as ever. Fancy Harry Milne to score and Mitch to end a few games without a goal too.

Let’s see an attacking game with goals!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Looking forward to today’s match. Cove going into the game coming off our cup loss and looking to bounce back strongly. We missed the leadership, experience, strength of Fyvie in the cup but with him back in the team it should  help us get the 3 points. No certainties in this league though.

Hopefully Glass can be as creative as ever. Fancy Harry Milne to score and Mitch to end a few games without a goal too.

Let’s see an attacking game with goals!

35 minutes and 6 goals - what a game! First game I’ve missed all season (on holiday). 

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

How embarrasingly easy was that for Cove today ? It was just like a training session for them.  We were chasing shadows all afternoon. 

I fear the worst for this squad.  Nothing much Wilson can do with them in my opinion. 

Cove were miles ahead of us today but that won’t be the case for most teams in this division. When the likes of Fyvie, with a hundred games in the premier league or something, isn’t even their best player ( Glass) then you’re always going to struggle. I did think the selection was pretty brave with Hamilton, McManus, ngoy, McCord and Knox all on the pitch but tbf there wasn’t much left on the bench to work with. Inglis maybe should have started but that’s about all he could have changed. Do agree that he needs to strengthen the squad a bit and hope he’ll be allowed to do so, although he’s obviously going to be limited to unattached guys now. But the likes of McCord, Hill, Watt, McLaughlin should all be comfortably better than the bottom of L2 and if Wilson can get a tune out of them we should be alright. The keeper did well today too. Don’t think he did much wrong and Cove could have had 8 were it not for him. 

You have to worry about the defence tho.  Dougie Hill seems to have been doing his nut at one or other of them since July yet there’s been little improvement and for all that Cove were good, several of their goals were preventable. Just defenders switching off, not picking guys up, not being alert to second balls, etc etc

Thought the prices were steep at £16 for an adult and £9 for a 12 year old but I guess they’re 1st division prices?Brechin scored with two nicely taken goals and tried to play football. Cove thoroughly deserved the win though , and the Brechin keeper was MOTM.

4 hours ago, Infirmary Street said:

Cove were miles ahead of us today but that won’t be the case for most teams in this division. When the likes of Fyvie, with a hundred games in the premier league or something, isn’t even their best player ( Glass) then you’re always going to struggle. I did think the selection was pretty brave with Hamilton, McManus, ngoy, McCord and Knox all on the pitch but tbf there wasn’t much left on the bench to work with. Inglis maybe should have started but that’s about all he could have changed. Do agree that he needs to strengthen the squad a bit and hope he’ll be allowed to do so, although he’s obviously going to be limited to unattached guys now. But the likes of McCord, Hill, Watt, McLaughlin should all be comfortably better than the bottom of L2 and if Wilson can get a tune out of them we should be alright. The keeper did well today too. Don’t think he did much wrong and Cove could have had 8 were it not for him. 

You have to worry about the defence tho.  Dougie Hill seems to have been doing his nut at one or other of them since July yet there’s been little improvement and for all that Cove were good, several of their goals were preventable. Just defenders switching off, not picking guys up, not being alert to second balls, etc etc

Dougie Hill is the worst of the defence in my opinion.   He seems to think he can stroll about like billy big baws  and shout at everyone else.   He needs to take a look at himself and get himself fit enough to marshall the guys around him. 

As a matter of fact the whole team look half fit and struggle to cope with any team with pace. 

I am genuinely worried about our future.  I feel sorry for the new manager inheriting this lot. 

12 hours ago, Toonsers said:

Thought the prices were steep at £16 for an adult and £9 for a 12 year old but I guess they’re 1st division prices?Brechin scored with two nicely taken goals and tried to play football. Cove thoroughly deserved the win though , and the Brechin keeper was MOTM.

£16 was for a parent and child.  Adult price was £13 .

Wait till you go to the likes of Airdrie next season . ;)

23 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Buzzing for these Granite City derbies in a few years 

A lot of Aberdeen fans not happy or just plain unwilling to accept that the city should have another senior team but every city should have more than one team. It can only be good although some might not agree.

10 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

A lot of Aberdeen fans not happy or just plain unwilling to accept that the city should have another senior team but every city should have more than one team. It can only be good although some might not agree.

Of course it’s good. Haven’t heard any real complaints from Dons fans.

How many fans did Cove take to Brechin?

26 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

I haven’t heard a single Aberdeen fan say anything negative towards Cove. 

23 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Of course it’s good. Haven’t heard any real complaints from Dons fans.

How many fans did Cove take to Brechin?

Hard to tell there was what 460 at the game I’d imagine about 100+ but might be wrong supporters bus never went to Brechin.