Is P&B A Cult?

Shandon Par

Is P&B just innocent fun or a cult?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It often troubles me that I've been indoctrinated into a cult. Like The Masons, posters will have strange greetings and help each other out when in need of a tradesman (insert Kenneth). Like Scientology, there are tiers of memberships. Do gold members know what is above us platinum members? Div bears a striking resemblance to Reverend Moon. 

Is it harmless fun or should the authorities be monitoring the place? 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It often troubles me that I've been indoctrinated into a cult. Like The Masons, posters will have strange greetings and help each other out when in need of a tradesman (insert Kenneth). Like Scientology, there are tiers of memberships. Do gold members know what is above us platinum members? Div bears a striking resemblance to Reverend Moon. 

Is it harmless fun or should the authorities be monitoring the place? 

You’re close to being a cult.

Just now, KnightswoodBear said:

You're a cult.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

You’re close to being a cult.

You're a pair of cults! I was at a reception at the city chambers last night and admiring the provost's chain (still prefer mine). The whole world of local politics seems very cultish too. 

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

In response to your second question, the fact the admins allowed this to happen is absolutely disgraceful and yes there potentially should be greater oversight

If this woman's twitter account is representative of what social media is all about, then my decision to bin facebook about 5 years ago (was on it about 6 months) is fully justified.  Never had any of the alternatives like instagram or whatever else is out there.  P & B is the only place where mature, serious and cerebral conversations are found in my life.

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

In response to your second question, the fact the admins allowed this to happen is absolutely disgraceful and yes there potentially should be greater oversight

Dont understand whats happening there. Did something happen recently with this or was it in 2012? Why the random tweet about it?

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You're a pair of cults! I was at a reception at the city chambers last night and admiring the provost's chain (still prefer mine). The whole world of local politics seems very cultish too. 

Image result for kenneth williams

I don't know ; but what would everyone's guess be to the demographics of P and B?

99% white?

90% male?

I was in the Glasgow airport Weatherspoons in the summer and about 4 tables away there was a guy of about 60 on his laptop looking at P and B. Have you ever seen a stranger on this forum in a public setting?

13 minutes ago, Kejan said:

I don't know ; but what would everyone's guess be to the demographics of P and B?

99% white?

90% male?

I was in the Glasgow airport Weatherspoons in the summer and about 4 tables away there was a guy of about 60 on his laptop looking at P and B. Have you ever seen a stranger on this forum in a public setting?

I don't think you can take that 1 example as representative to be honest

9 minutes ago, Kejan said:

99% white?

90% male?

Probably a bit low on the "white" and very low on the "male". 

I randomly bumped into someone in Asda in the middle of the nigh I worked out must be a P&B "weel-kent" figure (and was correct). That was just going by the general description of him and his job. Someone collared me once and said "you're Shandon Par". She was correct (I was running through Shandon whilst wearing a Pars training top). 

Met folk off here too - not in a Tinder/Grindr/Fab way - for various things (participating in sport and buy works of art). 

18 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Similar experience last year. Going home via Geneva and someone sitting next to me was checking the forum out via their phone. Flight was packed with Rangers fans who had been in Vienna for their game the night before. Instantly ruled out everyone who posts on here and states Rangers as their team in their profile. Well known that none of them actually attend the games...

Depends on the individual, is this a harmless was of passing time , something you’d read whilst waiting for someone or on a train, if your skiving wt work? Or even having a dump perhaps?
In that case no .
Is this what you spend your freetime doing? Do you have post counts in the multiple 1000s ? Do you spend more time talking on this than you do in the real word?
Are you over 21 and still not got your nat king?
Probably yes

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Similar experience last year. Going home via Geneva and someone sitting next to me was checking the forum out via their phone. Flight was packed with Rangers fans who had been in Vienna for their game the night before. Instantly ruled out everyone who posts on here and states Rangers as their team in their profile. Well known that none of them actually attend the games...

Speaking of Rangers fans, I flew out the same time Rangers were going to Gibraltar (I think) and pretty funny hearing Rangers fans in broad Weegie accents telling confused Morelos to not leave. Going by the ones who smiled/spoke to the fans for pics etc - Tavernier seemed the nicest ; McGregor looked a miserable c**t and Morelos seems confused as to where he was.