Thursday Night Football Thread

lichtie23

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Surprised that he played in case he got injured. Comfortable 20-7 win for the Jags in the end. Decent performance from Minshew as they had no run game up until Fournette managed to break out for a 69 yarder with 5 minutes left. Tough shift for Mariota as he got no protection from his O line. First half was a penalty fest. 

Is Fournette actually any good? I always feel he is averaging 2 yards a carry then occasionally breaks a big one, rather than dominating entire games or averaging 4-5 yards a carry. 

On 24/09/2019 at 11:44, lichtie23 said:

Eagles @ Packers should never ever be a Thursday night game. Potential to be a cracker but players made to play on a short week. In general I can’t stand TNF.

The standard of play is definitely lower on TNF for the most part. I want it to work as it's nice having NFL action three nights a week but in reality it's not been a success.

The standard of play is definitely lower on TNF for the most part. I want it to work as it's nice having NFL action three nights a week but in reality it's not been a success.

As long as it makes money it will stay. I’m sure Iv read in the past the vast majority of the players hate it. FWIW I don’t mind opening night and thanksgiving being on Thursdays but that should be it

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

As long as it makes money it will stay. I’m sure Iv read in the past the vast majority of the players hate it. FWIW I don’t mind opening night and thanksgiving being on Thursdays but that should be it

Strangely, I think the Thanksgiving games are usually pretty good. And they are Thursday games. Not sure why that is the case. 

Break in the action with just over a minute to go. Avonte Maddox obliterated by his own teammate in a helmet on helmet collision. 

It was a massive blow to his head, reports are that he has movement in all his extremities, but has been taken to hospital for tests.
Packers fumble at 2nd & goal. Eagles win.

Packers were woeful in the redzone late on, don't think I've ever seen a team with a 1st and goal from a yard out try and pass it 4 times. Rodgers ran for more than the rest of the team combined, while losing Davante Adams for any length of time will be a huge blow.

I missed the challenge that took Williams out the game, but I see a few tweets that it could/should have been an ejection from the game.