Thursday Night Football Thread

lichtie23

Can any team lose while winning like the Browns? Myles Garrett can probably start planning for Christmas after he battered Rudolph on the head with his own helmet, for which he was ejected, while 2 other Browns players also got dq'd during the match.

Bloody hell. I always laugh at guys punching or in this case kicking guys who have their helmets on.

It was mayhem, with 8 seconds left on the clock and the Browns 21-7 up. Pouncey might get a ban too, although he didn't manage to kick Garrett in the head when he was on the ground, it wasn't for the want of trying.

Garrett is an enigma, soft spoken and thoughtful off the field. I've seen a couple things this year that are totally out of character, his hit on the Jets QB was late and ended his season, amazed he didn't get suspended for that.

This isn't without precedent and in this case the incitement was greater, surprised if hes not banned for remainder of the year though.

Fucking mental.

The reports I’ve read seem to suggest what kicked it off was Rudolph reacting to a late hit from Garrett, after Rudolph had clearly already thrown the ball. While watching the game as live this morning, I didn’t immediately notice any late hit, but I did see Rudolph have a go at Garrett’s helmet. Looked to me like Garrett snapped, and immediately thought he’d show Rudolph how to do it properly. Then all hell broke loose, with Pouncey even trying to boot Garrett on the napper. Mental stuff.

Not having watched it again, did Garrett definitely go in late on Rudolph in the first instance?

Edit: just noticed someone posted the clip - doesn’t look like a dirty late hit at all, looks like a wrestle to the ground, but not much in it. A whole lot of trouble over not a lot.

Edited by pozbaird