Thursday Night Football Thread

lichtie23

11 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I genuinely don’t think Flacco is our problem. Lack of an O-Line has dogged us for years, and a lack of depth at wide receiver.

Anyway, we aren’t alone in having issues. Dolphins suck, Redskins suck... to some degree or another, lots of teams have issues. Nothing else for it but to keep supporting your team.

To be fair, the D Line gave him no protection whatsoever last night. And the running game was pretty anonymous as well.

No point even mentioning receiving at WR or TE position either. A bang average team for sure but I'd say the stats for both teams don't make pretty reading.

Clearly continued failures in drafting and recruiting of free agents have caught up with the Broncos.

Hope they get better for you soon.

37 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Oh great, Mahomes out against the Packers and Vikings

I was shocked when Kansas City called a play that involved Mahomes on a QB sneak, absolutely shocked. The guy was managing an injured ankle, at the very least, they were putting that already injured ankle in jeopardy. Crazy, there was no need.

8 minutes ago, Super_A said:

Mahomes would be much more likely to get injured dropping back to pass than he would be running a sneak, whether he had an ankle injury before it or not. It's just pure bad luck

Yeah, it was bad luck, and it wasn’t even his ankle that got hurt, it was something else. I don’t get the call though, there was no need. The situation they were in when they called it didn’t demand it - not even with a fully fit QB, much less an MVP face of the franchise star, nursing an injury.

There were other calls I didn’t get either - Fangio going for 2 after the Broncos opening TD, and as for the Broncos fake punt call, for fcuk sake.

Troy Aikman, before the Mahomes injury, had made comments in his commentary about Mahomes still being able to influence the game with his arm talent, and how the Chiefs shouldn’t put him in any possibly bad situations. Unlucky or not, I think the call absolutely put him in a possible bad situation. Why didn’t they just kick the points in that situation and keep their stud QB well out of it?

Since Diggs and Thielen publicly complained about Cousins he's been a completely different beast. Hes looked like an 84 million dollar QB the last 3 games and if Vikings are going to make the post season he really has to do it against teams like Washington as well. His record on TV games though must be the worst in the league so who knows what will happen.

Hopefully a good win to put me into a good mood and I can just enjoy the Rams V Bengals on Sunday knowing Vikes cant ruin it by losing.

Nice wee stat for any NFL history geeks...

The last time the Redskins and Vikings squared off in Week 10 of 2017, Kirk Cousins was Washington’s QB and Case Keenum was Minnesota’s.

Last time starting QB faced each other for both teams in same match-up was Norm Snead and Sonny Jurgensen for Eagles and Redskins in 1963-64.

- according to Adam Schefter

Edited by Antiochas III