Thursday Night Football Thread

lichtie23

An NFC South matchup to kick off the TNF schedule as the Buccs and Panthers face off in Charlotte. Jamies Winston has lost 12 straight Road starts. Will that end tonight?

Next week sees another divisional matchup with the Titans facing the Jags. Is it just me or does that game always end up on Thursday night?

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Will we see a TNF game that actually doesn't suck this week? That'd be a welcome surprise.

We will not. Watched both teams openers and the Panthers are far superior to the Bucs. Plus it's a road game on a short week for Tampa. The line was -6.5 this morning and that's VERY generous to the Bucs IMO. 

I'm on holiday at the moment but back home, in that weird limbo between being away and going back to work. So I will of course be staying up. 

Not sure if this will be a narrow Pants win or a blow out for the home team.

Newton was pretty awful on Sunday but McCafferty did well.

Bucs might keep him quiet on the run but then Newton found him on 10/11 targets so something will give eventually.

I'm going Bucs 10 Pants 24.

14 hours ago, CountyFan said:

We will not. Watched both teams openers and the Panthers are far superior to the Bucs. Plus it's a road game on a short week for Tampa. The line was -6.5 this morning and that's VERY generous to the Bucs IMO. 

I'm on holiday at the moment but back home, in that weird limbo between being away and going back to work. So I will of course be staying up. 

And this is why it's silly to gamble folks!! 

Why didn't the Panthers get that overmatched LT some help? And they pretty much just stopped using Cmac after the first drive. Weird game overall. Cam looked fucking awful, admittedly he didn't have much time but when he did, his throws were all over the place. Second week in a row where he barely ran it too. Looks a shadow of the MVP winning season. 

Why didn't the Panthers get that overmatched LT some help? And they pretty much just stopped using Cmac after the first drive. Weird game overall. Cam looked fucking awful, admittedly he didn't have much time but when he did, his throws were all over the place. Second week in a row where he barely ran it too. Looks a shadow of the MVP winning season. 
As they said on commentary, a couple of years ago the two 4th and very shorts that they failed to convert would have seen Newton just plough through to get the 1st down himself. Any time he did try to run last night he got nowhere.

Got to hand it to the Buccs, doubt anyone will give away a more stupid penalty than calling back to back timeouts when you are right on your own goal line.

So will Jalen Ramsay still be a Jaguar at kick off?

Surprised that he played in case he got injured. Comfortable 20-7 win for the Jags in the end. Decent performance from Minshew as they had no run game up until Fournette managed to break out for a 69 yarder with 5 minutes left. Tough shift for Mariota as he got no protection from his O line. First half was a penalty fest.