Edinburgh City vs Annan Athletic

I know there's hardly any Annan, and few Edinburgh fans on here so this wont be much of a thread,  but anyway our teams meet at Ainslie Park on Saturday.

Edinburgh playing decent now after a poor start, and Annan always a good team.

Should be a good, close game as always. I'm hoping City with home advantage can nick this, probably 2-0 or 2-1.

Though the first half was a bit grim with both teams playing some woeful passes into the front row of the stand, in fairness it was hard to eat my pie in that wind never mind try and play football.

Decent goal from Harris but basically all down to big Rab Mac chasing down their right back. I thought we were lucky to go in one up, others can disagree.

Second half was like night and day, played some really lovely stuff and absolutely strolled to the win. Harris is too quick for most defenders in this league and when he peels out wide and carries the ball he’s so effective, few delightful touches from Danny Handling and nice to see players come off the bench to make an impact.

Just need to keep pace with Cove and see how they react.

That was quite nice. 

City came out wearing the new "heritage" kit. I'm still not convinced red and black are quite City colours but the strip looks good.  

The wind was swirling round the Ainslie Park wind tunnel. Spartans should get themselves a wind turbine and save a few quid. The floodlights were on as well for some reason, it wasn't that dark. 

The on-loan keeper made his debut- a couple of cracking saves when the score was 0-0. I thought we might have struggled against Annan but the team got the bit between their teeth and produced a fine performance. Annan's cause wasn't helped when Swinglehurst had to go off injured I suppose and it might have been an off day for them but I was a bit disappointed. The Defence coped well with Nade's, shall we say, physical presence and he didn't get much of a sniff. 

The ref let play flow as well. Maybe there were one or two chances that another official might have reached for his cards with but it was the same for both sides so I can't really complain about Mr Dickinson's performance. 

All in all a good day, a good pint in the Stockbridge Tap to celebrate, a positive goal difference again, the team playing well and the knowledge that it's likely to all go to shite again at Cliftonhill next week! :lol: