Mighty QP v Rovers

Just watched the highlights.............would VAR have ruled out our goal if they'd felt that Kieran was partially obscuring their keeper's view of the header as he was clearly offside though making no movement towards the ball?

19 hours ago, Mission said:

That bonehead of a security boss is really starting to wind me up. I asked him while being searched if they did this at the main entrance as well. His response was, we don't need to because they are members. So they don't search women or posh people. I though we were showing racism a red card these days?

The guy is a twat and on Saturday he had a young apprentice who was a bigger twat. He searched me after letting an old guy ( well, older guy than me ) go past him without being searched. When I asked him why, his response was "Profiling. You got a problem with that?" Aye, I do actually, it's just another word for discrimination. Threatened not to let me in so I just told him if he didn't then as a member I could just walk in the front door without being searched. He then seemed to think there was no way I could be a member 😂   

Edited by Mick1867

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

The guy is a twat and on Saturday he had a young apprentice who was a bigger twat. He searched me after letting an old guy ( well, older guy than me ) go past him without being searched. When I asked him why, his response was "Profiling. You got a problem with that?" Aye, I do actually, it's just another word for discrimination. Threatened not to let me in so I just told him if he didn't then as a member I could just walk in the front door without being searched. He then seemed to think there was no way I could be a member 😂   

Yes, same with me. I am nearly 60 and been going to games for more than 45 years. He threatened to not let me in, simply because I asked why they did not search people at the main entrance. His attitude is awful. It has got to the point were I no longer enjoy going because of the way he acts. He probably dresses up as a police woman when he gets home.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

You mean crisis club QP could possibly go third next weekend? Remarkable. 

We've gone from "who have we signed" in July to "this looks promising" in August to "why are we no top" in September. 

In 2015-6 we had nine points from the first six games and look what a disaster that turned out to be.

No idea mate. The stadium is owned by QPFC but operated by the SFA which includes G4S for security and Sodexho for the catering. They apply the same standards (I use that word very loosely) for all events. QP fans get the same ridiculous behaviour. I'd like to think our new set-up, run by QPFC, will be much more welcoming to all fans. 
There was no searching at the Scotland versus Jamaica womens international. Same arrangements ?

2 hours ago, Mission said:

Yes, same with me. I am nearly 60 and been going to games for more than 45 years. He threatened to not let me in, simply because I asked why they did not search people at the main entrance. His attitude is awful. It has got to the point were I no longer enjoy going because of the way he acts. He probably dresses up as a police woman when he gets home.

I have stopped going through the turnstiles. As an OAP with no bag or rucksack and not wearing a coat or jacket just what do they expect to find?

There was no searching at the Scotland versus Jamaica womens international. Same arrangements ?
Nor at the last two Scotland home mens internationals...I think the only time I've been searched at a Scottish international game in yonks was the last England game.

5 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

. He searched me after letting an old guy ( well, older guy than me ) go past him without being searched. When I asked him why, his response was "Profiling. You got a problem with that?" 

Hah! What a dick!

They got themselves in a bit of a fankle with one of our number (a photographer) who had some prints in a cardboard tube on Saturday, Rather than look in the tube, the prints had to be unravelled just in case there was an inappropriate message on them. Failed Polis wannabes, methinks

Nor at the last two Scotland home mens internationals...I think the only time I've been searched at a Scottish international game in yonks was the last England game.
The only conclusion from this is that Queen's Park home matches must be classified as higher risk than Scotland internationals.

I usually attend matches with my father in law who is in his 80s and walks with the aid of a stick but gets searched every time. Beggars belief.

The only conclusion from this is that Queen's Park home matches must be classified as higher risk than Scotland internationals.

I usually attend matches with my father in law who is in his 80s and walks with the aid of a stick but gets searched every time. Beggars belief.
It's him, not Queen's. He"s mental; Category A soccer hooligan.

On 14/09/2019 at 17:55, spider1867 said:

Am I missing something. Mark does not know how to set up a team.  The shape we had today was abysmal.  I think this team is badly coached and managed. Albion Rovers were organised all over the park hungry and new there jobs. Think young Regan is a good player but not one to pin put hopes on. To me tommy is struggling at this moment and time and needs a rest. Joffrey runs about a lot has a bit of quality bit his positional sense is atrocious. Our defence looked horrendous today we looked all over the place. I like Clark as a player but think Mark made to many changes today. Gibby looks odd the pace he needs games. Unfortunately Willie's error for the goal. I dont know how we did not lose by more to be honest.  Alfredo is an impact player, Galty was obviously not fit. Asking player to place totally different positions. Jack is a quality footballer we should be playing him more but Mark has his favourites. I'm disgusted with the last few performances. I dont think Robert's is the answer. We will be bottom half with him in charge in my opinion. 

It's always from one extreme to another with you. Think you need to calm yer jets and get a sense of perspective. Brand new team, some of them playing senior football for the first time, yet we've only been beaten in 90 minutes by Partick Thistle and Cove Rangers. Is this what happens when we have a decent start after most folk expected us to struggle? Expectations suddenly go through the roof

He made 5 changes to the team on Saturday after the two previous disappointing performances , performances which "disgusted" you apparently. So how can you claim he "has his favourites" ? What did you want him to do to reflect the previous two games? He has clearly shown that he won't be slow to drop players and freshen things up if he feels they are not performing for him or they drop below the standard he expects. I didn't agree with all his changes at all but at least he has now learned more about the capabilities of certain players in certain situations and he wasn't too stubborn to make the required changes in the second half which ultimately got us the point. I can't see him leaving SKD out again or playing Alfie up front himself ( I agree he is definitely an impact player) and I expect Thomson to be starting soon.

3 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

It's always from one extreme to another with you. Think you need to calm yer jets and get a sense of perspective. Brand new team, some of them playing senior football for the first time, yet we've only been beaten in 90 minutes by Partick Thistle and Cove Rangers. Is this what happens when we have a decent start after most folk expected us to struggle? Expectations suddenly go through the roof

He made 5 changes to the team on Saturday after the two previous disappointing performances , performances which "disgusted" you apparently. So how can you claim he "has his favourites" ? What did you want him to do to reflect the previous two games? He has clearly shown that he won't be slow to drop players and freshen things up if he feels they are not performing for him or they drop below the standard he expects. I didn't agree with all his changes at all but at least he has now learned more about the capabilities of certain players in certain situations and he wasn't too stubborn to make the required changes in the second half which ultimately got us the point. I can't see him leaving SKD out again or playing Alfie up front himself ( I agree he is definitely an impact player) and I expect Thomson to be starting soon.

Well thank you. To me it looks as they are not coached very well. Albion were not a very good team but they were very well organised/coached. Surely if he was going to play the 3 in the middle of the park he would have been better starting Reagan on the left rather than Calvin when all his games have been central. The 3 of them were all  over the place. I believe we were winning  games due to the freshness of our squad and team not knowing our new players. Galt was not fit why risk him and possibly put him out for longer. Why not play Purdue on the left as it's obvious him and David cant play together . I still believe 442 would suit us better

1 hour ago, spider1867 said:

Well thank you. To me it looks as they are not coached very well. Albion were not a very good team but they were very well organised/coached. Surely if he was going to play the 3 in the middle of the park he would have been better starting Reagan on the left rather than Calvin when all his games have been central. 

You should watch the post-match interviews and pay attention to the spoken words. Mark clearly made a statement on Saturday that he would soon have to think about "starting" Thomson. Clearly at the moment he's trying to work the 16 year-old into league football. That's because as a big thinker, he knows how reckless it would be to burn out a young hopeful before he even got his career going just to pander to fans.  And Coach Roberts, with all his experience in the game front and back of house, understands that it's getting this group in the very best place come May that's important. 

I'll reiterate the biggest clue from Saturday. 59% possession. Three attempts on target, one of them from Wullie Muir. Least goals conceded in the league. Only the bottom two have scored less than us. Tactics are working. Poor choices and lack of composure up front are the difference between 9 and 15 points at the moment. It'll get better.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

On 15/09/2019 at 20:44, The Spider said:

Just watched the highlights.............would VAR have ruled out our goal if they'd felt that Kieran was partially obscuring their keeper's view of the header as he was clearly offside though making no movement towards the ball?

Link?

You should watch the post-match interviews and pay attention to the spoken words. Mark clearly made a statement on Saturday that he would soon have to think about "starting" Thomson. Clearly at the moment he's trying to work the 16 year-old into league football. That's because as a big thinker, he knows how reckless it would be to burn out a young hopeful before he even got his career going just to pander to fans.  And Coach Roberts, with all his experience in the game front and back of house, understands that it's getting this group in the very best place come May that's important. 
I'll reiterate the biggest clue from Saturday. 59% possession. Three attempts on target, one of them from Wullie Muir. Least goals conceded in the league. Only the bottom two have scored less than us. Tactics are working. Poor choices and lack of composure up front are the difference between 9 and 15 points at the moment. It'll get better.
Spot on. Only two defeats and even then we could have snatched a draw at the end of the Thistle game. We seem to struggle a bit at Hampden; I did hear a coach say that some of the players admitted that the size of the place fazed them. Interestingly, we did fine in all the games away from Hampden bar Cove.

Roberts has signed well and I think we have more of a goalscoring threat than previously. As for his tactics, he got them right in the more challenging League Cup games. You can't legislate for losing the ball in dangerous areas and players not marking at set pieces. I firmly believe, from what we've seen so far, that it'll come good.

Keep the Faith. At all times.