Mighty QP v Rovers

Am I missing something. Mark does not know how to set up a team.  The shape we had today was abysmal.  I think this team is badly coached and managed. Albion Rovers were organised all over the park hungry and new there jobs. Think young Regan is a good player but not one to pin put hopes on. To me tommy is struggling at this moment and time and needs a rest. Joffrey runs about a lot has a bit of quality bit his positional sense is atrocious. Our defence looked horrendous today we looked all over the place. I like Clark as a player but think Mark made to many changes today. Gibby looks odd the pace he needs games. Unfortunately Willie's error for the goal. I dont know how we did not lose by more to be honest.  Alfredo is an impact player, Galty was obviously not fit. Asking player to place totally different positions. Jack is a quality footballer we should be playing him more but Mark has his favourites. I'm disgusted with the last few performances. I dont think Robert's is the answer. We will be bottom half with him in charge in my opinion. 

If there''s a positive, it's that we keep going for the 90+ minutes. Rovers are a poor side but should have won. The first save their keeper had to make was from our keeper in the 89th minute.

Randomly......Galt up front doesn't seem to work; Jamieson had a bad yin; we couldn't find a man. Pluses... Salim was terrific when he came on; ditto Thomson.

Surely we won't play that badly again.

Still....we picked up a point.

A lot of hyperbolic nonsense on show here. Not the team I'd have picked, not the result I'd have wanted. "Disgusting" and "Sunday League" is just spittle flecked nonsense from idiots. We'd have lost that last season, just as we'd have lost the Stenny game. 

This is not an experienced team. We're still in a very early days situation and we have idiots losing the plot. No surprise to see some of them are the same brain donors who were losing the plot when we were mid-table in League One. 

Rovers are a competent side and we dug it out. Thomson absolutely must start next week, as should Koudier-Aissa. However. There would be absolutely no tears if we'd drawn away to Stirling and Brechin and beaten Rovers and Stenny at home. None. Perspective and reality needed. 

In a week where the national team coach vented his frustration at highly experienced international (and champions league) players not doing what they agreed they would, our coach is to blame for everything. After 6 games of the season.

Such comments generally come from people who haven’t played the game and almost certainly haven’t coached. And of course would never take the burden of recruitment of a replacement or the responsibility of deciding who could do better.

When your team plays as bad as they did at Cove and you have a squad big enough to rotate then he’s every right to keep testing people. I was watching Mark closely today and it was pretty obvious that he and his coaching team were raging at some of the individual mistakes today. Even our reliable goalie faffed at the goal. Nobody goes out to have a dull one but that’s how it goes sometimes.

Worth also stating that if we're assessing 90 minute games of football, we've played eleven and lost two. Dummy spitting pish from certain quarters.

Do they think players don't have a look on here? Imagine working your balls off for 90 minutes over 11 games, losing only to Thistle and Cove Rangers, and logging in to some utter cretins using language like "Sunday League" and "disgusting." An utter embarrassment. 

What is mark thinking dropping Sal. Alfredo is not a centre forward Sal has done really well holds the ball up well and is great in the air. I think we are screaming out for 442.  The system today does not work for me. We need to get a balanced side Mark is a loyal manager  and needs to upset some players. Gibby was not happy today at all. Galty is clearly injured. Calvin taken off but could have been anyone in midfield none of them played well. Onto next week

3 hours ago, an86 said:

spittle flecked nonsense from idiots.

idiots losing the plot.

brain donors

Dummy spitting pish

utter cretins

You are quite correct in the rest of your summation, but hurling that level of abuse at fellow supporters just because you don't agree with their view of a game or our coach is quite shameful, or "pretty shit" as Mick would label it. God help us if this is indicative of tolerance for opposite views as we prepare for further discussion about our future.

In the immediate aftermath of a disappointing match where our shape was wrong throughout and it took hoofball to rescue a point, it's not surprising some people took the opportunity to vent their frustration, OTT as it was. A few months back you were the one expressing the need for unity going forward - not your finest hour Winston.

Edited by The Spider

7 minutes ago, The Spider said:

You are quite correct in the rest of your summation, but hurling that level of abuse at fellow supporters just because you don't agree with their view of a game or our coach is quite shameful, or "pretty shit" as Mick would label it. God help us if this is indicative of tolerance for opposite views as we prepare for further discussion about our future.

In the immediate aftermath of a disappointing match where our shape was wrong throughout and it took hoofball to rescue a point, it's not surprising some people took the opportunity to vent their frustration, OTT as it was. A few months back you were the one expressing the need for unity going forward - not your finest hour Winston.

Shut up. 

I have to agree with an86. What do people expect! We have only lost 1 game out of 6 and that was to the team with the largest budget. We changed 3 of our defence and centre-forward. Our best player went off injured. We got to watch 45 minutes of the most exciting young talent in Scottish football. 

We are Queen's Park FFS! We haven't gone professional yet! We are still the team with the smallest budget and the most challenging recruitment policy. 

Get real!!!!

1 hour ago, The man with no name said:

I have to agree with an86.

So do I as far as his argument is concerned (as I entirely do with your own summation), but what I objected to however is his lack of verbal dexterity on this occasion. To call fellow supporters (and possibly even members) of the club "brain donors" and "utter cretins" when he could have simply said they were talking pish (or words to that effect) is entirely inappropriate, and frankly I'm taken aback that you aren't joining me in calling him out for that. Just to clarify then, do you believe it's acceptable in this day and age to use those specific terms to describe people whose views are radically differerent to your own?

Hopefully his tantrum was alcohol fuelled, and that in the cold light of day he'll realise that whatever his personal views of those individuals are, he should have chosen his words more carefully.

As soon as I saw the starting line up I said it would be a struggle and so it transpired. By selecting the 2 more defensive fullbacks along with 3 central defenders was always going to deprive us some width in an attacking sense and more often than not yesterday we tried to pass our way through Rovers through the middle. Grant made a couple of forrays forward in the first half and Clark in the second but in all cases the final ball wasnt good enough. If we are playing Grant and Clark we should be able to get away with a back 4. If Agyeman is going to play as the striker he needs to become more selfish. He got into some good positions but kept looking to make a pass rather than making himself space for a shot. I fear Calvin McGrory has gone backward after an impressive start in the first team. Fantastic to see young Thompson getting on and playing with such confidence and SKA made a difference when he came. Why he was benched in the first place beggars belief. We need to find a formula for winning at home. For me we are far too slow and ponderous at getting forward at home. When we started playing quicker and more directly we looked far more dangerous.

21 minutes ago, The Spider said:

and frankly I'm taken aback that you aren't joining me in calling him out for that. Just to clarify then, do you believe it's acceptable in this day and age to use those specific terms to describe people whose views are radically differerent to your own

I felt no need to comment on it. I am a big boy and people say lots of nasty things on social media. I agree with the sentiment of the posts not the wording. I object more to your pathetic attempt at trying to single me out and taint me in some way.

As previously said - shut up!

21 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

I agree with the sentiment of the posts not the wording.

You could just have said that the first time without needing to be prompted. By being the first to support the original statement without qualification you put yourself in the firing line. No singling out was necessary big boy.

27 minutes ago, houstonspider said:

I fear Calvin McGrory has gone backward after an impressive start in the first team.

I think that's more than a tad unfair. He's returning from injury and been pushed out to a wide position in an attempt to accommodate both him and Joffrey. Weren't his impressive performances in a central midfield role, as I agree he looked far from comfortable yesterday when his natural instinct semed to be to return the ball back in the direction it had just come from rather than attempt to drive down the touchline?