Mighty QP v Rovers

Ooft! That was a sickener. I thought we edged it over the 90 so to switch off right at the end was galling. That said, I'd have grabbed a point if offered it before the game.

Phillips, Wharton, Clark and Graham were the stars for me, although our goalkeeper had a couple of decent saves too. We look a lower middle table side but as long as we don't get involved in the dogfight at the bottom, that will do me nicely.

2 hours ago, houstonspider said:

I fear Calvin McGrory has gone backward after an impressive start in the first team

Was it not his first game since that horrendous injury against Airdrie and the game before against thistle he was Motm. You promote young Reagan who is a fantastic talent but write one of our own off for one bad performance. He obviously needs games to get back match fit. 

If people are going to hand out ridiculous slatings of a young and inexperienced side that works their arses off for 90 minutes, they're going to have to be prepared for people to call them idiots. 

Whisper it, but not playing particularly well and grinding something out of the game is quite a decent trait to have. I honestly don't know where folk expect this group to be at this point in their development. Get behind the team. It might not be coming off for them at home, but they're giving it absolutely everything they've got. We also know that there's quality in there. 

43 minutes ago, an86 said:

If people are going to hand out ridiculous slatings of a young and inexperienced side that works their arses off for 90 minutes, they're going to have to be prepared for people to call them idiots.

Yet again I agree with that part as that would be a perfectly reasonable approach, but you went way beyond that by making it overly personal towards those concerned, and if you are genuine about your wish for club harmony in the post-debate environment then as someone who is usually the voice of reason I'm surprised that you don't recognise that you over-stepped the mark.

And you should know me well enough by now to know that requesting me to shut-up will only have the opposite effect............idiot.

Edited by The Spider

1 hour ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Ooft! That was a sickener. I thought we edged it over the 90 so to switch off right at the end was galling. That said, I'd have grabbed a point if offered it before the game.

Phillips, Wharton, Clark and Graham were the stars for me, although our goalkeeper had a couple of decent saves too. We look a lower middle table side but as long as we don't get involved in the dogfight at the bottom, that will do me nicely.

Not familiar with the names (and can't be arsed looking up your team-lines), but I thought your no. 3 and no. 8 looked more than capable of playing at a higher level AS.

Also, over the entire time he's been with you, how has Captain Calamity performed...............has he eliminated the basic errors that so beset his time with us?

7 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Yet again I agree with that part as that would be a perfectly reasonable approach, but you went way beyond that by making it overly personal towards those concerned, and if you are genuine about your wish for club harmony in the post-debate environment then as someone who is usually the voice of reason I'm surprised that you don't recognise that you over-stepped the mark.

And you should know me well enough by now to know that requesting me to shut-up will only have the opposite effect............idiot.

The only people over stepping the mark are those targeting our young and inexperienced side with absolutely ridiculous outbursts. With friends like these, who needs enemies? 

35 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

...but write one of our own off for one bad performance. He obviously needs games to get back match fit. 

Incredible! Roberts gets slated for the set-up. Then, accepting his own poor choices, decides to change it. And still gets slated. It's a strong coach who can look at his pre-match plan at half-time and admit it wasn't working. Calvin was a lot futher forward than his normal role. Something new tried but didn't work. So, better to change and try and reverse the scoreline or let Calvin keep having a bad day?

The reason for 3 at the back is to get wing back's further up the field, supporting midfielders and creating wide play, creating space to enable the passing game that's created most of our goals. This in turn, when it works, means less defending. It's an attacking tactic. Our high dominance in possession indicates tactically it's working. It's the finishing or final choices that are failing. Still. 

As for Thomson's introduction; already some comments about getting him on from the kick-off. It might be a shock to some but it might be the case that the coach and players talk to each other and expectations are managed before the game starts. Maybe the barely-adult youngster might agree that he's not ready for 90 minutes? When your MotM (for just half a game) gets a bottle of Irn-Bru and a box of Heroes rather than the traditional bottle of fizz you have to recognise, skillful as he is, there's a lot of development still to come.

"Write off". Honestly mate, I recommend you read back your posts before hitting the button. 

It was interesting listening to Mark's post match comments. He was hinting at starting Reagan. I would welcome that. He is a talented boy with an eye for a forward pass. Tommy Block was very poor yesterday and I felt he wasn't that great at Cove. Joffrey is a player and unless we turn professional, he will get his move to a club that will pay him. He looks like a player who is working hard to fulfill a dream. I think Mark has to find a way of getting all 3 playing in the middle of the park. If we do that then I believe we will win more than we lose.

Not convinced with Alfie. Kieran, Salim and Jack are all ahead of him and I feel he needs a run in the Strollers to prove he is worth another shot in the first team.

1 hour ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

I'd have been gutted too but our goalie gifted you the goal to be fair. Measure of our attempts up front that his header at the death was our best attempt on your goal and he probably attracted enough attention to leave our man a bit of room for the equaliser.

I was very impressed by the continued position of your defensive line at deadballs and there's a few guys looked likely going forward. Should be a much less stressful time for you this year.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

1 hour ago, The Spider said:

Not familiar with the names (and can't be arsed looking up your team-lines), but I thought your no. 3 and no. 8 looked more than capable of playing at a higher level AS.

Also, over the entire time he's been with you, how has Captain Calamity performed...............has he eliminated the basic errors that so beset his time with us?

#3 was Ross Clark at left back and #8 was Will Graham in central midfield. I assume Captain Calamity is Brian Wharton; if so, he's normally a stick-on for at least one major mistake a game.

Not the greatest performance but that equaliser made up for it.

I think we are doing far better than I ever expected so far this season. 

That bonehead of a security boss is really starting to wind me up. I asked him while being searched if they did this at the main entrance as well. His response was, we don't need to because they are members. So they don't search women or posh people. I though we were showing racism a red card these days?

24 minutes ago, Mission said:

That bonehead of a security boss is really starting to wind me up. I asked him while being searched if they did this at the main entrance as well. His response was, we don't need to because they are members. So they don't search women or posh people. I though we were showing racism a red card these days?

It's a joke. Can't remember the last time I saw anything approaching disorder at a QP game. The only aggro you see is generally caused by stewards. 

I'm a member and still go in via the turnstyles so maybe I should show him my member's card next time? In all seriousness though, that prompts me to ask a question that I've wondered about for a while now.

How do they calculate the attendances? Is it solely based on turnstyle numbers or do they make some allowance for member numbers? If the latter option then how, because they don't appear to count people who go through the main doors (based on the rare occasion I've gone in that way at bigger games if there are lengthy turnstyle queues) ?

Having seen some silky football earlier in the season and knowing that the team are capable of a far better performance than what was on offer yesterday (and I am sure if any of them read this forum would agree) I was merely pointing that out. 

I did not 'target' any player or the manager and am well aware of the youth involved in the team but do not feel that some of the comments made by so called fellow supporters are in any way justified in fact I would be first on here to praise a good performance win or lose.

I look forward to next week's game...............

3 hours ago, Mission said:

Why are fans searched at Hampden for QP games?

We were searched last season when we came through, but I wasn't searched when going in for the Scotland games last week.

4 minutes ago, Landry Zahanioni said:

Why are fans searched at Hampden for QP games?

We were searched last season when we came through, but I wasn't searched when going in for the Scotland games last week.

No idea mate. The stadium is owned by QPFC but operated by the SFA which includes G4S for security and Sodexho for the catering. They apply the same standards (I use that word very loosely) for all events. QP fans get the same ridiculous behaviour. I'd like to think our new set-up, run by QPFC, will be much more welcoming to all fans. 

4 hours ago, Mission said:

There isn’t even a consistency to whether you get searched or not. Some weeks you can just walk by them and other weeks (like yesterday) every person got searched. Bit odd