Mighty QP v Rovers

Agreed, would like to see Clark play instead of Summers but I’d love to see Thompson play from start playing just behind Salim. He’s looked brilliant in his recent sub appearances and for a 16 year old, his tackling is excellent.

Feeling confident but always feel uneasy when a load of former players play against us, particular for the rovers as they always seem to score. Gemmell, Fotheringham and particularly Chris Hamilton spring to mind in recent times. Going for 3-1 QP 

Edited by qpfc

Next two games will give us a greater indicator as to where we are. The sort of games we'd hope to win if we are going to contend for playoffs. Rovers are not the gang of last season, though. A win at Stenny and four goals in a draw with Cove shows they can cause anyone problems. 

19 hours ago, qpfc said:

always feel uneasy when a load of former players play against us

For me East is the only one that should never have "got away", and it's a shame he didn't apply himself more (was he sulking because he wasn't in the starting line-up?) in his latter appearances, as he's more than capable of playing at a higher level. Osalador & Fotheringham will obviously try to do well against us, but I suspect East will be returning with a determination to show us what we're missing.

7 hours ago, The Spider said:

For me East is the only one that should never have "got away", and it's a shame he didn't apply himself more (was he sulking because he wasn't in the starting line-up?) in his latter appearances, as he's more than capable of playing at a higher level. Osalador & Fotheringham will obviously try to do well against us, but I suspect East will be returning with a determination to show us what we're missing.

The story I heard, and I've absolutely no reason to doubt it, is that we wanted to keep him. He took the huff because Roberts basically said to come in, work hard and fight for his place. However, Billy Big Baws thought he should be first pick. Good riddance. 

He's quite obviously going to score against us because it's pretty much a legal obligation that any ex QP midfielder or striker at Rovers has to score against us. 

1 minute ago, an86 said:

The story I heard, and I've absolutely no reason to doubt it, is that we wanted to keep him. He took the huff because Roberts basically said to come in, work hard and fight for his place. However, Billy Big Baws thought he should be first pick. Good riddance. 

He's quite obviously going to score against us because it's pretty much a legal obligation that any ex QP midfielder or striker at Rovers has to score against us. 

Wharton double with East and Smart scoring also to draw the game. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

The story I heard, and I've absolutely no reason to doubt it, is that we wanted to keep him. He took the huff because Roberts basically said to come in, work hard and fight for his place. However, Billy Big Baws thought he should be first pick. Good riddance. . 

A real shame if that's the case, but his body language in his latter subs appearances suggested something of the sort. Wonder whether he's got his head screwed on now, or whether 'Rovers have accomodated his temperament recognising his undoubted ability, or whether he's just a Darren Mitchell-esque argument away from looking for a new club.

2 hours ago, teekasule said:

Wharton double with East and Smart scoring also to draw the game. 

That would be some outcome..................two different players scoring own goals I mean 😄. Oh, I see what you are getting at now, but I'd still take Wharton back without hesitation, assuming the calamitous errors are a thing of the past now?

57 minutes ago, The Spider said:

That would be some outcome..................two different players scoring own goals I mean 😄. Oh, I see what you are getting at now, but I'd still take Wharton back without hesitation, assuming the calamitous errors are a thing of the past now?

Delighted with our 3 central defenders and couldn't see Wharton displacing any of them especially as Gibby can't! Also happy with our back up defenders in the Strollers. I like Robert Griffiths and Cammy Foy is slowly but surely making his way back. 

1 hour ago, The man with no name said:

Delighted with our 3 central defenders and couldn't see Wharton displacing any of them especially as Gibby can't! Also happy with our back up defenders in the Strollers. I like Robert Griffiths and Cammy Foy is slowly but surely making his way back. 

Take your point and especially hoping Foy can fully recover from his injuries as he looked a good prospect. I haven't seen Griffiths and happy to accept your judgement on him, but where did i say i'd play Wharton in defence? When he played for Rovers in the last game at Hampden he played as a defensive midfielder in front of the back four and very much looked the part there. I'm not saying he'd be a first pick every week but I would have a place for him in the first team squad.

I know that view isn't shared by everyone, and I appreciate he was a liability in a few games for us, but you'll note that I did qualify the circumstances I'd take him back in as if he has eradicated the silly mistakes from his game I think he'd be more than good enough for us. Certainly a player that divided opinion in his time with us, so I'd be interested to hear what Rovers' fans think of him, as maybe he's continuing to make bad mistakes, and I only have that game in January on which to base my current opinion. Be delighted if he had three howlers on Saturday to gift us the points though 😏.

Hopefully the last minute goal won’t paper over the cracks of what was a shocking performance. No shape and too much passing with no conviction. SKA should be starting games up front, Agyeman falling over the ball with no one around him sums up his performance. That’s two games we’ve needed last minute goals at Hampden to escape with a draw. I’m sorry but more performances like that then we will be looking down rather than looking up.

Salim has got to start every game, he’s comfortably our best striker, he wins everything in the air and he can score goals. Same applies to Thomson, he made such a difference when he came on, constantly wanting the ball and hit some great passes. Got to make the most of Thomson’s talent cause he’s gonna be here one season let’s be honest 

Overall, it was a dire game and we seriously need to improve on that performance because I’d say most teams in this league would of comfortably of won today had they played us. 

Edited by qpfc