The Binos v Elgin City

Well let’s hope we can get something on Saturday and not make it 6 defeats on the trot in the League.

We were unfortunate last week but in order to win games you have to score and that’s been our weakness this season. Only 2 goals scored in the League so far so hopefully we get on the scoresheet on Saturday.

Fancy us to get something (famous last words) and maybe get the win.

Prediction The Binos 1 Elgin City 0.

Having seen how we played for large parts of the game against Albion Rovers the other week, I fancy us to cause Elgin some problems.
And with Bikey in the team, I'm hoping this is the week we finally get our first win on the board.

Feel that the Albion side will be a different proposition to the one that lost 3-0 to Elgin in the League Cup. Agree the pace of Bikey and with Duffy leading the attack’s we will be a lot more potent this time out.

I think we are getting into ‘must win’ territory now for KR, the pressure is building on him and he needs to get off the mark.

The signings of Duffy and now Bikey should be game changers for us, both obviously missed pre-season but hopefully they will get up to speed quickly, if they 2 click, along with a couple of our other attacking players, then I think we can turn this around.

Elgin don’t seem to travel to Forthbank well, but Shane Sutherland seems to be on fire. Really hoping for everyone’s sake that they have another off day.

Quietly confident we can get our season started this week [emoji85]

I think we are getting into ‘must win’ territory now for KR, the pressure is building on him and he needs to get off the mark.

The signings of Duffy and now Bikey should be game changers for us, both obviously missed pre-season but hopefully they will get up to speed quickly, if they 2 click, along with a couple of our other attacking players, then I think we can turn this around.

Elgin don’t seem to travel to Forthbank well, but Shane Sutherland seems to be on fire. Really hoping for everyone’s sake that they have another off day.

Quietly confident we can get our season started this week [emoji85]

Noticed we have Mike Roncone as ref on Saturday just hope he has a decent game. Fingers crossed that we can get our 1st win of the season.

First win of the season great, a 1-0 win over Elgin but boy did we labour it in the 2nd half. First half we played well and got the just reward by going in front. 

2nd half we allowed Elgin into the game and were a bit fortunate at times not to be punished, even when Elgin went down to 10 men felt they were dangerous. 

Still a wins a win but we will have to improve if we want to get out of the bottom half of this League. Off the bottom on goal difference from Brechin but we have another tough game next week away to Annan and on the performance of the 2nd half today we will get nothing. Got to improve and maintain the 1st half performance today over the 90 mins if we stand any chance of getting something next week. 

Before the game kicked off, I was telling anyone who would listen that I would take a win of any kind, as long as it was a win and i’m absolutely delighted tonight.

There has been talk of KR having lost the dressing room, well that’s quite frankly pish, everyone that was on the park were working hard for him and their team mates.

Despite it being very much a game of two halves and a game that Elgin would have been well worthy of a point, I think there were so many positives today that it was the first time this season where I have left a game ‘buzzing’.

Josh Peters goal was superb and I thought with him and Bikey playing off Duffy, we looked dangerous and every time we broke forward, something looked like it was happening. Bikey was roasting David Wilson, the Elgin Right Back, and everything was going great. Duffy is an upgrade on Peaso for me, he worked hard again and created loads of space for others to run into, whilst retaining the ball.

Danny Jardine was back in his more natural Centre Midfield position and was making things happen, and with Thomson and Wilson supporting him, it really worked, and we were playing some good stuff. Our problems came when Peters went off but in general I thought we were comfortable at Half Time and probably should have had at least 1 more goal to our name.

The Second Half, we sat off them and that’s when the nerves came through. Our Centre Midfield was being totally over run, and we were really crying out for Kevin Nicol, but the back 4 come to their own and were as solid as a rock. McGregor got the sponsors Man of the Match, and although I could put a few other names forward to challenge his, I think his display definitely merited the praise that he would have received upon picking up his award. I’ve been critical of Banner at times, but he was also composed and the 2 of them battled for everything and kept the head, especially when Kane Hester was losing his. Sutherland & Hester are a good strike partnership at this level but I thought they were totally ineffective due to those 2 at the back.

I’ve always preferred McGeachie at Right Back rather than in the Centre and again, he couldn’t be faulted and looked comfortable after returning there. I couldn’t believe KR brought James Creaney back to the club in the summer, but more games like that then me, along with others, will have to eat our words because I thought he played really well and Jordon Lowden will struggle to get back into the side, as will Paul McLean.

Is this KR’s “I told you so” moment, no, he’ll have to win a few more games to prove the doubters wrong but it was a massive result for him and one that I am hopeful, will now see us turn the corner. We proved we were a good team today, yip let’s not get carried away, it wasn’t perfect, but compared to the games against Queens Park and Cove then we showed that we are indeed, on our way.

Final word goes to Bikey, it was great to see him back “at home”. KR seemed to get frustrated with him as the Second Half wore on, but I think that had more to do with his Defensive positioning rather than what he was doing on the ball. During the First Half his team mates got him on the the ball loads and I thought he was excellent and the performance that he and Thomson put in in the wide positions, is something we have missed. Bikey is clearly not fit but I hope this is just the start of another successful chapter for the lad, he certainly had me excited again.

Well done today Stirling, proud of you lads [emoji1319]

Josh Peters doing well. Looks like we will be haunted all season by ex players.

As Rhliston said above, he did have a slow start but it’s starting to looks like we are seeing the player that played for Forfar, rather than the one that was at Queens Park. He does look handy alright, and as I put in my initial post, when he went off and Bikey’s legs started to go, we did start to lose our attacking threat. Wish the same could be said about Hawke [emoji85]

We were terrible first half. Bikey's pace caused real problems but that was the least of our concerns. Second half was much better and we had plenty chances but can't really complain about the result. Need to start picking up some wins.

Bikey gave your Right Back (Wilson is it?) a torrid time in the First Half but we just couldn’t get him on the ball early enough in the Second and then you could see his lack of fitness started to catch up with him.

Is Gavin Price under any real pressure at Elgin? I know the season is still young but as a club over the years, probably since Ross Jack, you just never really seem to kick on. Genuine question, honestly not having a dig.

No personally don’t think he’s under pressure. Elgin are generally patient with managers and he turned down Brechin to stay with us. If he felt he was under pressure that was the time to go. We are only a few games into the season and yes we are short of points but draws have hurt us and think come the end of the season, given a fair rub of the green, will see us in the playoffs. If not then Price might feel a bit of pressure.