International cap... from Gala Fairydean Rovers

HibeeJibee

Hibs youngster Yrick Gallantes - on loan at Gala - made his international debut for the Phillipnes v Guam in WC 2022 qualifying earlier.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/philippines-head-coach-hails-hibs-kid-yrick-gallantes-and-reveals-why-he-subbed-him-in-first-half-1-5001382

Would this be unprecedented at Scottish non-league level?

I'd haziest recollections someone got called-up by an African nation while at Edusport a few years ago. However it was U23s and unsure if he played:

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at 17:46, HibeeJibee said:

Loic Mangala who was with Berwick's development XI last season, through Edusport, has been called-up for DR Congo's Olympic team

Anyone?

Edited by HibeeJibee

24 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There was a Maltese international that played for Bo'ness United at one point. Don't remember if he got capped while at Newtown Park.

from what I can find online the player was Simon Vella and he got his last cap while at Airdrie Uniter or Forfar before he joined Bo'ness

Not full international but there was a player at east junior club Tayport last season on loan from Dundee United who played for the Mozambique U23 team whilst at the club (I assume it was an olypmic qualifier). Name of said player escapes me however.

from what I can find online the player was Simon Vella and he got his last cap while at Airdrie Uniter or Forfar before he joined Bo'ness
Aye, that's the fella. Definitely didn't get capped during his time at Bo'ness. However I think he made his debut for us within a matter of months after facing up to the likes of Thierry Henry on international duty!