Raith v Glenavon

steakngravy

Agree we were pretty lacklustre with a lack of intensity at times. Understandable in a way given how easy the first 20-25 mins were but would’ve been good to get Baird, Bowie etc rattling in a few goals for confidence.

Hendry was poor with his final balls and getting caught in possession quite a lot. Need to be sharper than that on league business. He’s got plenty of credit in the bank though so won’t go overboard.

29 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Getting excited over beating a pub team ?  well done the MIGHTY ROVERS . :lol:

Stirling Albion 😭. FFS man! Bottom of the lowest tier of the four leagues. The basement club.

And papped out at home. Delicious.😋

Yep,some are quick to jump in and slag him and criticise him”,hes pish,shouldnt have been given another contract “etc etc  but that some are not  forthcoming in praising him
Davo makes himself an easy target due to him being an absolute arsehole and shirking responsibility on the pitch. There's no doubt he's had the ability to be playing better than he has done. He, the exact same as bene have had to be talked through games in order for them to actually perform to the standard they both could and should have been.

Our defensive record since sando signed backs up my what I'm saying.

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

First half was good. That second half was absolutely fucking rubbish, though. We look so disjointed as a 4-4-2. I’d be tempted to get McKay in and go back to 3-5-2 next week v Clyde. I thought we were quite unprofessional second half today which isn’t something I thought I’d say about this side. Glenavon were about as good as a junior outfit and we strolled about the park with zero intensity toiling to finish them off. Number 6 for them wouldn’t look out of place in a Sunday amateur side in the Bevy park.

Munro’s save was superb in the first half. A real Dave McGurn special. MacDonald continues to impress and was pretty unlucky at the goal. Davidson won absolutely everything and was my MoM. Bowie scored but missed a few chances with powderpuff shots and Hendry got his foot on it and pretty much everything went through him. Other than that we were off the pace.

Trying not to be too negative but we could’ve taken 6 or 7 off them today if we’d been a bit more thorough in our application. Hope Anderson is ok and it’s not a broken collar bone or anything. Our luck with injuries really never ceases to amaze me.

MacDonald looked vulnerable when Glenavon pumped balls in from the left, I won't say it was down to him, he suffered from a bad bounce when up against Begg.

45 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Davo makes himself an easy target due to him being an absolute arsehole and shirking responsibility on the pitch. There's no doubt he's had the ability to be playing better than he has done. He, the exact same as bene have had to be talked through games in order for them to actually perform to the standard they both could and should have been.

I rest my case

Wasn't there, but the highlights felt like a pre-season friendly in intensity and atmosphere.
The Glenavon goal a clear foul with a push on MacDonald leading to the ball breaking. 

I did feel a bit like a friendly at times, especially second half. Glad we’re through though. Would be nice if we could do the double this season.

Behave yourself. What does "shirking responsibility " look like? He was everywhere yesterday and not for the first time. Yes, he makes mistakes. I bet you do too. A defenders mistakes are amplified, so they always have the potential for dire consequences, but shirking responsibility? An absolute arsehole? Get a grip.

16 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Hendry was poor with his final balls and getting caught in possession quite a lot. Need to be sharper than that on league business. He’s got plenty of credit in the bank though so won’t go overboard.

As good a player as he is its one of his downfalls.Sometimes just sometimes he needs to release the ball earlier and play players in that are in a better position,the same goes for Bowie

Behave yourself. What does "shirking responsibility " look like? He was everywhere yesterday and not for the first time. Yes, he makes mistakes. I bet you do too. A defenders mistakes are amplified, so they always have the potential for dire consequences, but shirking responsibility? An absolute arsehole? Get a grip.

I think the shirking responsibility comment comes from when Davo does make a howler there is never an arm raised for an apology, he’s always passing the back and blaming someone else. By all accounts he did at Forfar, but there’s a first for everything.