Raith v Glenavon

steakngravy

I hope we give Baird and Bowie a run-out. 2 goals each in a 4-3 victory in our relentless, unstoppable run to the diddy cup final.

Munro
Miller McKay Anderson MacDonald
Armstrong Spencer Tait Bowie
Baird Allan
Hopefully Dingwall comes through training today and gets a run out.
I'm presuming it's too soon for Smith and Victoria to feature.
Ideally I'd like to see the first team players not in the starting line up given the day off altogether but that would probably leave us very light in numbers.

Ideally I'd like to see the first team players not in the starting line up given the day off altogether but that would probably leave us very light in numbers.

Eight players out, unless there are any surprises. Six injuries (Thomson, Benedictus, Matthews, Victoria, Smith, Vaughan), Hendry suspended and Gullan cup-tied. Total squad is 24 so the 16 players we have available will be in the matchday squad.

There isn't a money spinner in this competition for any club and to suggest otherwise shows at best a lack of attention and at worse blind stupidity. Of the 8 fixtures this weekend, Stenny v Waterford, Us v Glenavon, Airdrie v Elgin,  Arbroath v Clyde, Wrexham v St MirrenU21,  Solihull v Rangers u21, Inverness v Alloa, Partick v Connahs Quay, I'm of the opinion the teams in bold will go through with only the last fixture being one I can't decide on, is Jobby McCall cup tied??.

Out of the 15 other sides left in the cup not one would bring anything like a decent away support to Starks Park with possibly only Partick bringing a few hundred at best. Financially we will gain very little from a home quarter final tie against any of that lot and any away tie would see the club struggle to break even. Even a televised tie would not benefit us as the money is pooled in the SPFL/Sponsors pot.

I've said all along its an out and out nonsense competition that we should have sought the exit door for at the 1st opportunity, however we didn't and now find ourselves in a position where should we beat Glenavon we will have passed more rounds (and potential banana skins both financial and physical) than we would still have to play and therefore the odds of a financial or injury mishap are diminished. It's because of those facts that I'm starting to change my tune even if I still think the whole thing is still a pile of keech!

An acceptable scenario always was that we got through this competition without financial loss and more importantly without picking up anymore injuries, with that in mind my major fear is an away trip to Ochilview and what might just be the worst surface in Scotland. 

A potential dream scenario is that we beat Glenavon, draw and beat Stenny at home in the quarter, do Airdrie in the semi and then gub Arbroath in the final, now there's something I never thought I'd say. Having said that a weekend trip to Liverpool for Wrexham away would be decent too.

All dreaming aside the reality will I expect be somewhat different.

Edited by Scottydog

Eight players out, unless there are any surprises. Six injuries (Thomson, Benedictus, Matthews, Victoria, Smith, Vaughan), Hendry suspended and Gullan cup-tied. Total squad is 24 so the 16 players we have available will be in the matchday squad.

A bench of McGurn, Watson and Dingwall really wouldn't bother me.

Rest as much as we can, here’s another crazy take on a reserve heavy 4-2-1-3:

McGurn

MacDonald at left back, Miller at left center, McKay at right center and Watson at right back.

Spenser at left mid, Anderson at right mid.

Tait as an attacking mid.

Armstrong left wing, Bowie at center forward and Baird as right wing.