Superb! I didn't attend today and my fotmob app had Montrose 2.1 up early 2nd half, checked 10 mins or so later 2.1 East Fife and Montrose down to 10 men!! Looking forward to reading people's reports on the game! I know it's only a game at the end on the day but Saturday nights are fucking brilliant when yer top o the league! I'll drink to that! Mon the Fife[emoji122][emoji460]️[emoji1634]

Well, that was woeful from the Mo today. The above words of pummellings are correct. Pretty even first half until Dillon and Yano contrive to totally balls up a simple punt up the park..
We managed to claw our way back into the match then automatically shoot ourselves in the foot.
A mixture of good goalkeeping and appalling finishing kept the score down. 
I didn't think East Fife were great today but they didn't have to be. Not knocking you guys and the league doesn't lie. Enjoy your time at the top. Rather you guys than some of the other "huge" teams who think they are world beaters.

Pretty decent support from you guys today as well - enjoy the ride.

Well, that was woeful from the Mo today. The above words of pummellings are correct. Pretty even first half until Dillon and Yano contrive to totally balls up a simple punt up the park..
We managed to claw our way back into the match then automatically shoot ourselves in the foot.
I didn't think East Fife were great today but they didn't have to be. Not knocking you guys and the league doesn't lie. Enjoy your time at the top. Rather you guys than some of the other "huge" teams who think they are world beaters.

Disappointing afternoon in all honesty, and a more clinical side would have completely swept us away second half.

Can't be bothered writing loads and loads, so wonder what people's opinions are on:
- Terry's red (wasn't watching when it happened)
- Yano's "defending" for their first
- EF number 3 not getting a second yellow for pulling back Lyons
- Denholm's shot off the post from 2 yards
- Our apparent lack of a plan B when things are going against us, and how we go about turning the hard work of the majority of the team in to actual points on the board.

This is going to be a long season and a league win is desperately needed. Credit where it's due: we finished above East Fife last season but after SIX games they are THIRTEEN points ahead of us.

1 hour ago, PortyMo said:

Huge? Arent East Fife the most succesful team in this league?

More than happy to get the three points in conditions that can only be described as horrific for football. The gusts of wind made the game a farce at times. With the Mo playing with the gale force wind in the first half I was expecting an on slot. This never materialised and I felt very comfortable apart from a few in swinging corners.The icing on the cake was our goal just before the break. The wind played a part as the ball held up nicely for Dunsmore and he made no mistake from 8 yards. Fair play to Montrose what they lacked in skill they can’t be faulted for effort and came out fighting. The wind played a part again a cross into the box looked the keepers all day then a huge gust of wind suddenly held the ball up and the keeper couldn’t get near it, the ball fell nicely for a Mo player who slotted home. Then the moment of madness what the guy was thinking about only he could tell you. A crazy over the top challenge, leaving the ref with no option. After Dunsmore fired home sweetly for our 2nd it was just a case of how many. Some incredibly poor finishing and a couple of fine stops from the Mo keeper kept the score respectable. The conditions the game was played in, you can never be sure how it’s going to go . All credit to the lads for a good solid professional performance. In one of these games if we take all our chances someone is going to be on the end of a hiding sometime soon. Hope things pick up for Montrose soon as they need points on the board a.s.a.p.