6 minutes ago, mo83 said:
2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
That Masson challenge definitely warranted a red from the highlights. Our 2nd and 3rd were lovely goals, Anton really does provide the chaos factor. Some boy. 

100% Red card all day long 2 footed.Silly silly challenge to be honest wtf was he thinking.

Totally agree, just can't fathom up what would make a player go in two footed. Its not even a natural way to tackle so has to be premeditated! Rush of blood I suppose.

Tough one to take on sat. There was nothing in the game at half time. Awful defending for EF's first goal, Yano was so exposed and looked slower than a snail. Great to see Lyons get another goal (he had a great game). I went mad when Masson was sent off but after watching the highlights i have no idea what he was doing. Definite sending off, two footed challenges are gone from the game, all players must now know that.

EF deserved the win and i think they will do very well this season.  Keeping the majority of their squad along with signing some very good players was very good business. I would love to have Dowds leading the line for the Mo!

Totally agree, just can't fathom up what would make a player go in two footed. Its not even a natural way to tackle so has to be premeditated! Rush of blood I suppose.
It reminded me of a certain Jamie Insall challenge after scoring against East Stirling a few years ago, adrenaline earned the red. But it wasn't Masson who scored.

That's the first of me seeing the red card incident and I'd imagine he would have got his arse kicked in the dressing room afterwards as Montrose had just got themselves right back in the game! Straight red all day long, a moment of madness that made our day easier! Good luck Montrose, hopefully pick up points and climb the league.

Watched both sets of highlights now. A few Montrose fans were feeling pretty hard done by with some of the decisions given. I think the highlights show the officials got probably the two biggest calls spot on. Definite red for Masson. Lunacy from him. Gave Montrose a mountain to climb, down to ten men and playing against the wind just after they'd got back into it. Also, Dowds was on when Wallace played him through to create that one on one chance just before the third.

Also, check out Franz Higginbauer bursting out of defence to block a pass, strolling towards the halfway line and producing the pass for the third goal.

What a man🌑🌕🌑

Masson challenge - yesterday referee Greig Aitken was the match official at the Celtic v Killie match. Scott Brown two foot challenge penalty awarded and Yellow card produced. Ref bottled it, no difference from previous Saturday. Total lack of consistency!

Edited by esortnom
spelling

Masson challenge - yesterday referee Greig Aitken was the match official at the Celtic v Killie match. Scott Brown two foot challenge penalty awarded and Yellow card produced. Ref bottled it, no difference from previous Saturday. Total lack of consistency!
Interesting.....Will have to have a look.