Scotland squad next month

No chance Shankland will be called up. Only changes I can see is Tierney coming in, and that's about it. 

FWIW, I'd have gave Shankland a call up, maybe even throw him on against San Marino for 2nd half if we're a couple up. 

The Ross Stewart shouts are wild, However it does show the progress that he's made in the last year and if he continues to play the way he has been playing recently he will be at a much higher level than Ross County.

Certainly one to keep an eye on.

Shankland is worth a shout IMO as i'm of the belief that you pick players on form rather than  reputation. Only downside is that he plays in the championship.

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

Shanland and Stewart both being called up would cause so much seethe from the old da's.

Who have we got that is better and scoring goals? Brophy is brutal, McBurnie is even worse and Griffiths is now injured. 

Edited by DAFC.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Who have we got that is better and scoring goals? Brophy is brutal, McBurnie is even worse and Griffiths is now injured. 

They certainly are two in form Scottish strikers that could be considered,

I think Shankland has more of a chance than Stewart of getting called up atm, McBurnie will 100% be in the squad. I'd imagine Phillips will be the other 'Striker' option.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Fletcher has started the season well although apparently he can’t be arsed with Scotland.

I think Fletcher is a good option, and works well to get players like Fraser, Christie etc involved, but he seems like he doesn't want to be considered anymore. 

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If you think Shankland is a better option for Scotland than McBurnie then YDKSAF.

McBurnie is absolutely dreadful, and is only being chosen because he's went for big bucks to the EPL. He is still garbage, and I'd much rather see in form players get a game than him. 

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Given the competition Phillips is probably one of our more in-form attackers with 4 goals in 9 games. He’ll definitely be in the squad.

Fletcher has started the season well although apparently he can’t be arsed with Scotland.

He should never have been invited back after his huff

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

McBurnie is absolutely dreadful, and is only being chosen because he's went for big bucks to the EPL. He is still garbage, and I'd much rather see in form players get a game than him. 

Why did Sheffield United spend 20m on McBurnie when they could have signed Shankland for nothing?

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

So what you're saying is...

4 hours ago, yoda said:

Blair Henderson and Rory McAllister should have been capped last season. They obviously knew were the goal was. 

... right?

If McBurnie was playing in the Scottish Championship I’m sure he would be on form too....

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Aye, I'm sure Steve Clarke is the kind of idiot that watches him and thinks, 'He's no very good but went for megabucks so he's in my team.'