Scotland squad next month

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
If we're going down the route of pointing out poor performances in a single game then I'm pretty sure the entire squad can be called in to question.
Griffiths, Christie, Forrest and McGregor were rank against us, also a Championship team, yet three of them are (rightly) in the squad and many are lamenting Griffiths' absence.
Are San Marino worse than Dunfermline?

The point wasn't to be critical of Shankland's performance. The point was it's ludicrous to say he'll do fine against San Marino, as a matter of fact given he's prone to off days like every other player in the world.

It's ludicrous to think the service he will get playing for Dundee utd is comparable with what he will get playing for Scotland.

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
If we're going down the route of pointing out poor performances in a single game then I'm pretty sure the entire squad can be called in to question.
Griffiths, Christie, Forrest and McGregor were rank against us, also a Championship team, yet three of them are (rightly) in the squad and many are lamenting Griffiths' absence.
Are San Marino worse than Dunfermline?

The point wasn't to be critical of Shankland's performance. The point was it's ludicrous to say he'll do fine against San Marino, as a matter of fact given he's prone to off days like every other player in the world.

Ah. Then agreed.

I misunderstood due to the sheer number of folk who jumped on him not scoring Friday night as some sort of indicator that he shouldn't be given a chance.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, BingMcCrosby said:
It's ludicrous to think the service he will get playing for Dundee utd is comparable with what he will get playing for Scotland.

Have you never watched a Scotland match?

Maybe that's his point!

Maybe that's his point!

No, not at all. I found it pretty cringeworthy that folk were laying in to Shankland after a quiet performance tbh. I want it to work for the guy, I just have concerns that in the 'backs to the wall' games, he'll not be much use. He needs service and chances in and around the box, something that wont be in abundance while playing for Scotland unfortunately.

In response to your second post, aye, I've maybe picked bing crosby up the wrong way [emoji38]

Marshall

Odonnell Mulgrew Findlay Robertson

Mcginn Mcgregor Mctominay

Forrest Christie Fraser

Probably play burke up top though coz of the height and pace.

Centre half is a major problem, don't want mulgrew in there but if not we'll have 2 guys with 0 caps playing. Findlay in instead of devlin because he's fast for a cb.

2 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Marshall

Odonnell Mulgrew Findlay Robertson

Mcginn Mcgregor Mctominay

Forrest Christie Fraser

Probably play burke up top though coz of the height and pace.

Centre half is a major problem, don't want mulgrew in there but if not we'll have 2 guys with 0 caps playing. Findlay in instead of devlin because he's fast for a cb.

Agree with that team, it probably gets our best players on the pitch that we have available. He would get pelters for not playing with a striker and would also get pelters for leaving out Christie so he cant really win. 

Agree with that team, it probably gets our best players on the pitch that we have available. He would get pelters for not playing with a striker and would also get pelters for leaving out Christie so he cant really win. 

The issue is that there is no focal point. On thursday we wont have much of the ball so when we get it we need to get it forward and keep it. We wont do this with that front three. Sadly i am not sure what the other option is. It will be russell and we will get pumped

The flat 3 in the middle didn’t work in the last 2 games.

Get McTominay and someone else sitting in front of the defence with Armstrong or Christie further forward to hopefully stop whoever’s up front from being cut off.

19 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I was hoping for McBurnie to get a couple against San Marino so that's that fucked.

In my opinion, it'll be Burke up front in Russia and Shankland against San Marino.

McBurnie being as far away from the Scotland squad is the best thing for us. Worst striker I've ever seen in a Scotland jersey 

Shite that these games were supposed to be about 'finding the right mix' for our problem areas of defence and striker, yet both areas have been utterly rinsed by call-offs.

Finally some mumblings about McKenna being called up according to BBC sport.

image.png.fd6b25523b7eed25e2ce303c7e94494b.png

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

No, not at all. I found it pretty cringeworthy that folk were laying in to Shankland after a quiet performance tbh. I want it to work for the guy, I just have concerns that in the 'backs to the wall' games, he'll not be much use. He needs service and chances in and around the box, something that wont be in abundance while playing for Scotland unfortunately.

In response to your second post, aye, I've maybe picked bing crosby up the wrong way emoji38.png

Basically you’ve described exactly what Oli McBurnie needs and hasn’t been given when he’s played yet folk can’t stop laying into him.

1 hour ago, monthefife said:

McBurnie being as far away from the Scotland squad is the best thing for us. Worst striker I've ever seen in a Scotland jersey 

Not even the worst striker to play for Scotland in this campaign 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's clearly a far better striker than Iwelumo ever was.

In what way is this clear? Iwelumo also had a good scoring record in the Championship and also had a brief spell in the English Premier League.