Scotland squad next month

Ironically there's some who would belittle Shankland wanting Billy Gilmour called up even though he's only been playing at youth level.
We really are a strange nation...........
EPL reserve league is probably a similar standard tbf [emoji38]

Findlay in for Cooper. Has Findlay not regressed a bit this season (although I am aware our options are minimal)?
Not to a great extent - he's still keeping clean sheets every week but now he's doing so with a better centre half next to him. He definitely deserves his place in the squad and I'm shocked that Devlin was in before him.

16 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Findlay in for Cooper. Has Findlay not regressed a bit this season (although I am aware our options are minimal)?

Arguably yes but he has been part of a defence that has kept 4 clean sheets in Killie's last 5 league games. 

Edited by Ocular Patdown Required

Think Findlay had struggled initially with Alessios methods but given somebody earlier has pointed Killies recend defensive record he must be back on track. Certainly a pick ahead of Devlin for me. I have no idea why he gets picked for most squads even with injuries.

14 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Ironically there's some who would belittle Shankland wanting Billy Gilmour called up even though he's only been playing at youth level.

We really are a strange nation...........

If Shankland was at Chelsea do you think he'd have got off the bench in the Barclays this season?

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If Shankland was at Chelsea do you think he'd have got off the bench in the Barclays this season?

No, he'd have been on from the start and notched at least four goals...................

Edited by WATTOO

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Just you concentrate on Scottish League 1 and leave the big football chat to the grown ups.

I've tried to ask you a couple of serious questions about "big football chat" and you've failed to answer them so w/e

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I've tried to ask you a couple of serious questions about "big football chat" and you've failed to answer them so w/e

I can't answer them, because like you and everyone else, I don't know. 

The bottom line is that Shankland has been called up whether you, I, or anyone else agrees or disagrees it really doesn't matter as the only one that matters is Steve Clarke.

Shankland may do brilliantly if given the chance or he may indeed look totally out of his depth (unlikely against San Marino), however there's no point in us arguing about something which we have no control over. I do get that you obviously don't rate him and don't believe he merits a call up and from my perspective I do rate him and do think he merits a call up based upon his form over the last 2 seasons and the fact that we have very little options currently available to us from an attacking perspective.

Who knows, time will tell..............

whats mind boggling is there were no moans when the still, in my eyes, overrated John McGinn was getting call ups a Championship Player yet Shankland is called up and people go nuts?

we truly are a negative nation arent we? If Shankland was scoring goals for fun for Fleetwood and got a call up we wouldnt bat much of an eyelid yet we ridicule ourselves for calling up a lad on our own doorstep? are we ever happy

he could be amazing he could be rubbish but for years we have cried about not picking players in form, this is a player bang in form and high in confidence why not give him a go?