Scotland squad next month

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Liam Cooper off injured for Leeds tonight. I'd imagine he will now miss out. Massive blow as he is the top defender in the Championship this season going by the advanced stats.

Any defenders at Alloa or Queen of the South we could call up?

You know who would be in the squad by now, and the last one too.  And would actually be starting both these games.....

Told you I was right.

The defenders we are going to be facing against San Marino are significantly worse than defenders in the Scottish Championship.

So, in theory, assuming he won't feature against Russia, Shankland has been selected to play against inferior opposition yet with far better quality teammates to provide service to him.

If a chance falls to any of our currently fit strikers in the box, I'd far rather have the chance fall to Shankland rather than Brophy, McBurnie, Phillips, Russell, Burke or any of the other options we have available.

It's a sad indictment of Scottish football that we've called up a striker from the Championship.

It's even worse that I don't see anybody more likely to score in these two games that's been left out.

Who knows maybe he will be our David Healy.

It's a sad indictment of Scottish football that we've called up a striker from the Championship.
It's even worse that I don't see anybody more likely to score in these two games that's been left out.
Who knows maybe he will be our David Healy.
I was going to make the Healy comparison in an earlier post, but then I thought about it: Healy was largely unprolific for his club sides, but proved to be a goal machine for Niron. Shankland has a phenomenal strike rate at ayr and dutd.

35 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Burke can't play football so I dont get why he's been called up, Kenny Miller seems to be dragging Thistle out of the doldrums I'd rather see him, does the same running but more lethal in the box

Are you really that stupid or just trolling again? 

We were bottom on Friday and McCall worked his magic on Saturday.

What a fucking moron! 😂

48 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Liam Cooper off injured for Leeds tonight. I'd imagine he will now miss out. Massive blow as he is the top defender in the Championship this season going by the advanced stats.

Any defenders at Alloa or Queen of the South we could call up?

Just get Michael Rose in. 

12 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

All quiet from the Perth boys. Have they given up touting their players for the squad. ;)

Can't see much changes from the last squad apart from.

Fleck & Thierney in

Jack & Naismith out

Just as well you're not Scotland manager then!  

Jack's having a terrific season both in the league and in Europe and, given our defensive frailties, would have him playing in front of the back 4 vs Russia.

45 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Just as well you're not Scotland manager then!  

Jack's having a terrific season both in the league and in Europe and, given our defensive frailties, would have him playing in front of the back 4 vs Russia.

Jack might be having a good season with Rangers but he's about our 8th best CM right now.

Would be shocked if he plays against Russia and theres shouldn't really be much need for him against San Marino.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That's clearly bollocks.

McTominay. McGinn. McGregor. McLean. Fleck. Christie. Armstrong.

There you go...7 players that are better CMs than Ryan Jack. Each playing at a higher level than him, or at least playing to a better standard at the same level in the case of McGregor and Christie.

So clearly not bollocks.