Scotland squad next month

45 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Armstrong is the most alarming omission. I would have him starting every game possible for Scotland, as he has an intelligence and driving run that no one else offers. We’re definitely much weaker without him.

I agree that he offers something different but im not sure I would have him as a starter ahead of McTominay, McGinn, McGregor, Christie, McLean or even Fleck based on current form.

For me, he's a very good squad player and I'd certainly have him there, probably in place of Johnny Russell.

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Calling up Tierney when he’s not even played a game for Arsenal yet would have been stupid. Even if he plays this weekend, having the following week off will probably benefit him, coming back from injury.

He started for Arsenal in the League Cup the other night.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

I'm guessing Barrie. 

The original question was 'name other players to be picked from the Scottish lower divisions outwith SevCo'. Barrie McKay was never with  a Scottish lower division non-SevCo club when he was called up by Scotland, was he?

The group is long gone so we may as well take a few gambles in terms of squad selection to try and find something that could potentially work for the playoffs. I'm surprised to see folk are writing Shankland off purely because he plays in the Championship at the minute, he's certainly worth a gamble IMO and I wouldn't say guys like Ross Stewart or Eamonn Brophy are better options than him tbh. I'd be starting him against San Marino.

I'd far rather we gave guys like him a shot over the usual proven failures. If he turns out to be below the required standard then so be it but he certainly wont have to be a world beater to be better than what we currently have available to us.

6 hours ago, Estragon said:

St Johnstone shutout continues.  Pleasing.

We've moved on.

We have one player likely in the Northern Ireland squad,and one in their under 21 squad. Not to mention our Estonian and Canadian internationals.

Scotland are now recruiting from the part-time leagues.  We want no part of this nonsense!

Edited by PauloPerth
Spelling

I am in despair at the fact that plenty of Scotland fans are criticising the call-up of Shankland. The lad is on absolute fire right now and McBurnie has to be the most spineless striker I have ever had the misfortune of seeing in the Scotland jersey. 

29 minutes ago, monthefife said:

I am in despair at the fact that plenty of Scotland fans are criticising the call-up of Shankland. The lad is on absolute fire

In the Scottish Championship.

A level a million miles below where the other two play. 

Guest DAVIDB69

Phillips has been horrendous for Scotland in every game , of course I am biased but picking shankland isn’t any worse that we have as forwards

Liam Cooper off injured for Leeds tonight. I'd imagine he will now miss out. Massive blow as he is the top defender in the Championship this season going by the advanced stats.

Any defenders at Alloa or Queen of the South we could call up?