Scotland squad next month

Hold on, are there people seriously upset that a guy who has scored 49 goals in 53 games is in the squad because he happens to play in the Championship?
Ross County and Livi (and sadly Thistle) have proven over the past couple of seasons that the difference between the bottom end of the Premiership and the Championship is minimal.
Shankland has been phenomenal for two and a half years and would walk into any team in the top league barring two or three sides.
As for as the hopefully tongue in cheek suggestions of Nathan Austin because "where do you draw the line?". Preferably at the point you are deemed that shite you have to drop out of professional football and work as a labourer.

If anything, Ross County have proved the difference between the top of the Championship and then bottom of the Premiership is pretty massive.

There’s no way Shankland finishes the season with Dundee United if he thinks he has an international future.

Bit surprised at Armstrong dropping out, because he is getting game time at Southampton, just not starts. He offers something different too, and should be in for that reason IMO.

Related to that, I'm not sure Snodgrass is worthy of a callup. He's not getting regular game time for West Ham, is past 30 and hasn't looked the part for us for a good few years now. 

Shite that Tierney isn't fit, McKenna too. until these two are in the squad I don't think we'll see the best of Scotland.

Surprised to see Burke in the squad given that he 'Did a Phillips' by dropping out of the last squad completely. Good speedy baws oot option if we ned him though.

Shankland? I was surprised by his callup but not disappointed. Heart ruling (massive) head here, but there is a small chance he could be just the perfect fit for scoring goals against weak opposition. Something we're not always great at.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Bit surprised at Armstrong dropping out, because he is getting game time at Southampton, just not starts. He offers something different too, and should be in for that reason IMO.

Related to that, I'm not sure Snodgrass is worthy of a callup. He's not getting regular game time for West Ham, is past 30 and hasn't looked the part for us for a good few years now. 

Shite that Tierney isn't fit, McKenna too. until these two are in the squad I don't think we'll see the best of Scotland.

Surprised to see Burke in the squad given that he 'Did a Phillips' by dropping out of the last squad completely. Good speedy baws oot option if we ned him though.

Shankland? I was surprised by his callup but not disappointed. Heart ruling (massive) head here, but there is a small chance he could be just the perfect fit for scoring goals against weak opposition. Something we're not always great at.

Yeah but no room for Anti Niemi must be the biggest shock?

1 minute ago, BingMcCrosby said:

god please dont reply

Sorry, must have taken leave of my senses. Just had a flashback from after the Cyprus game in June. In the pub and two steaming roasters were absolutely pishing themselves, faces wet with tears as they tried to regale me with the Anti Niemi joke as if they were the first to air it. With every second of it, a little part of me died. I gave them my best Scotland Gemmill "smile" when they reached the "punchline".

Edited by Gordopolis

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If anything, Ross County have proved the difference between the top of the Championship and then bottom of the Premiership is pretty massive.

There’s no way Shankland finishes the season with Dundee United if he thinks he has an international future.

Our win against you wasn't really representative.  Great game, and well fought by both sides, but take it out over the season and you can see there's still a decent gap.

On the second part, I'm now all for Shankland coming in and scoring 9 against San Marino.  If someone could take him away from Dundee United in January, it will be very interesting for everyone else in the Championship to watch Dundee United fold.

2 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Sorry, must have taken leave of my senses. Just had a flashback from after the Cyprus game in June. In the pub and two steaming roasters were absolutely pishing themselves, faces wet with tears as they tried to regale me with the Anti Niemi joke as if they were the first to air it. With every second of it, a little part of me died. I gave them my best Scotland Gemmill "smile" when they reached the "punchline".

🤣😭😭😭😭

Come on come on say the line 

I couldn’t really care less about Shankland being in the squad. I would prefer not to choose players from the Scottish Championship but, as has been pointed out, I can’t come up with many other suggestions. I would imagine both McBurnie and Burke will be ahead of him anyway.

Armstrong is the most alarming omission. I would have him starting every game possible for Scotland, as he has an intelligence and driving run that no one else offers. We’re definitely much weaker without him.

Calling up Tierney when he’s not even played a game for Arsenal yet would have been stupid. Even if he plays this weekend, having the following week off will probably benefit him, coming back from injury.