Scotland squad next month

I'd bring S Fletcher back in, but not sure he wants to play.

I got the impression from his Open Goal interview that he no longer wants to be considered. I would have to listen again to remember exactly what was said but I’m sure he used family, travel and the weekly strains of the championship as the reason. Said that he was meeting Steve Clarke during the summer but would have to be convinced that it would be in his best interests, think it’s safe to say that Clarke has not been able to convince him of that.

Got a question about San Marino and as well sticking it here rather than starting a new thread. Considering, against my better judgement, taking the kids along for the first time. From what I can see there is no longer a designated family area. Anybody take young kids to Hampden since that has been the case? Mine are 7 and 9 and they wouldn't stand up for the whole game. Wondering is main stand the best option, although it's a few quid more expensive. 

It’s a nightmare taking kids of that age mate, my advice would be pay the extra money for the North Stand. I sit in the South with my 8 year old son and his 20 year old friend and they miss most of the game due to people standing. The further down the front you go, the worse the view is of the pitch. Only way around it is to get a seat at the end of a row. Does my brain in.

ex Kilwinning Rangers striker Ross Stewart is top score of Ross County than Ross Stewart should in Scotland squad
Shankland should in Scotland because Shankland will new Kane

Someone on Sportsound was tipping Ross Stewart for a call up over the weekend. Nothing against the lad but it just shows how desperate we have become as a nation that we want to hang our hats on guys that have had 3 or 4 outstanding games in the SPL. It’s been the same with so many people for years. Not saying the lad shouldn’t be considered in time, but let’s give him a good run at league football before throwing him onto (or under haha) the Scotland bus. Got to admit, I think Shankland should be a serious consideration for the squad, although I doubt I’d have him as a starter.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I got the impression from his Open Goal interview that he no longer wants to be considered. I would have to listen again to remember exactly what was said but I’m sure he used family, travel and the weekly strains of the championship as the reason. Said that he was meeting Steve Clarke during the summer but would have to be convinced that it would be in his best interests, think it’s safe to say that Clarke has not been able to convince him of that.

It’s a nightmare taking kids of that age mate, my advice would be pay the extra money for the North Stand. I sit in the South with my 8 year old son and his 20 year old friend and they miss most of the game due to people standing. The further down the front you go, the worse the view is of the pitch. Only way around it is to get a seat at the end of a row. Does my brain in.

Someone on Sportsound was tipping Ross Stewart for a call up over the weekend. Nothing against the lad but it just shows how desperate we have become as a nation that we want to hang our hats on guys that have had 3 or 4 outstanding games in the SPL. It’s been the same with so many people for years. Not saying the lad shouldn’t be considered in time, but let’s give him a good run at league football before throwing him onto (or under haha) the Scotland bus. Got to admit, I think Shankland should be a serious consideration for the squad, although I doubt I’d have him as a starter.

Stewart is a player that needs to watched closely. He seems to have pace, is very tall and can finish. Let’s see how he does this season and if big clubs start circling. 

Stewart is a player that needs to watched closely. He seems to have pace, is very tall and can finish. Let’s see how he does this season and if big clubs start circling. 

He’s been an absolutely terrific signing for Ross County and is more than holding his own in a league in which some folk thought he could have struggled. (Thanks, Stubbsy!). He’s also a genial big galoot.

That being said, if he’s called up for the national team, we may as well all give up now. I realise Steven O’Donnell has eleven caps, but there are only about three eligible right backs.

51 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s been an absolutely terrific signing for Ross County and is more than holding his own in a league in which some folk thought he could have struggled. (Thanks, Stubbsy!). He’s also a genial big galoot.

That being said, if he’s called up for the national team, we may as well all give up now. I realise Steven O’Donnell has eleven caps, but there are only about three eligible right backs.

What if he was called up two seasons from now?

23 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

That's really shit for you, man.  I get that some people want to stand, but when it's at the expense of letting people - not just kids - actually see the game, it's really poor.  I remember going to the Gibraltar game outside of my usual season ticket seat that campaign, my first time sitting on one of the stands behind the goals (can't remember which one).  There were several "footsoldiers" around, who seemed genuinely upset that not everyone around them wanted to stand up, to the point where they were actively getting at people who weren't, intimating that they were clearly better fans because they were standing up (at a Sunday night game against fucking Gibraltar.  Gimps.).  Which would be fine, but them standing meant there were a few families in the rows behind us who couldn't see any of the game.  

They're never going to be able to force people to sit, to be honest I'd publicise it more.  You want to do the whole standing up all game thing, buy a ticket in this stand.  Buy a ticket in the Super Fun Family Bouncy Castle Stand?  You're fucking sitting.  Everyone's happy.

This is the most recent interview with Fletcher re his international career.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4624527/steven-fletcher-scotland-future-steve-clarke/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Didn’t really sound too positive then, the only plus is that there’s not actually been a statement since to say he’s chucked it.

What's the deal with Fraser? He goes back to Bournemouth after the Scotland games and gets 2 sub appearances in 3 league games + 90 mins in a cup game full of squad players. Fitness issues?

I remember Clarke said after the Cyprus game that Fraser was exhausted and couldn't start against Belgium. Think he came on early after an injury or something.
I'm not sure he's ever played two games in a week for Scotland anyway.

Clarke said after the Belgium game that the squad won't be changing much, and only players who have been injured (like Tierney, McKenna, Souttar etc) will come back in to it. He said that there won't be unexpected guys coming in to the squad.

So basically we're going with what we have. All the talk of guys like Adams, Fredericks etc is just that. We won't be seeing them in the squad, let alone the team.

Edited by DA Baracus

Clarke said after the Belgium game that the squad won't be changing much, and only players who have been injured (like Tierney, McKenna, Souttar etc) will come back in to it. He said that there won't be unexpected guys coming in to the squad.
So basically we're going with what we have. All the talk of guys like Adams, Fredericks etc is just that. We won't be seeing them in the squad, let alone the team.
That's what it looks like. Unless, of course, his has is forced by injuries etc.

21 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Will he put shankland in the squad , people will say no chance but he may get a chance against San Marino .

Until he proves himself at a half decent level I think we can stick this suggestion firmly in the bin. We are ripping the pish out of McBurnie as a striker and he is playing at a level Shankland will never get to.