Falkirk vs Forfar - 14/09/2019

What for ??
Durnan had 3 or 4 fouls after his booking and he had one that must have been very late down in the corner where the boy got a cross away. I was watching the cross and didnt see what the ref gave a foul but presume Durnan cleared him out after the ball was gone.

If we were looking at a ref who was itching to red card someone, he could have.

Decent enough performance from us today with Jimmy Gomis absolutely running riot in midfield.

Longridge and Doyle the best of the rest. That is exactly how we should be starting matches - fast tempo and quick pressing. Get in front and see the confidence beginning to flow through the team, and forcing the opposition to come out and chase the game. Once the second goal went in it was effectively game over as a contest.

I thought with that team selection a diamond midfield was nailed on, but the flat 4-4-2 worked fairly well with Longridge and Connolly finally providing some width and even linking up with the fullbacks.

Telfer was having a good game til he picked up a knock and until he was taken off we were effectively playing with 10 men as he was clearly struggling.

ps Barry Cook is still an utterly fucking woeful referee

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

More improvement from Louis was good to see. I had no doubt he'd score when he picked up the ball for the third.

Was the most Louis Longridge goal of all time. When he got the ball you just knew he was going to come inside and finish with his left. He fucking loves a left foot finish.

He could have sent Durnan or Gomis off IMO

Thought Durnan was away when he gave away that foul on the left hand side of our box when he was on a booking. Completely needless booking as well.

What about the yellow for McManus btw? Him and Meechan both accidentally running into each other and books him for it. Mental decision.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:
Worst ref by a country mile that tit. Just be thankful he didnt find an excuse to send one of our boys off like the last two games we had the p***k.

He could have sent Durnan or Gomis off IMO

Gomis tackle was the kind you want to see in the game. 100 percent committed taking everything. 

Thought Durnan was away when he gave away that foul on the left hand side of our box when he was on a booking. Completely needless booking as well.

What about the yellow for McManus btw? Him and Meechan both accidentally running into each other and books him for it. Mental decision.
Yeah I was utterly puzzled by the McManus one. I think the ref was trying to stamp down on the game as it was getting a wee bit ill tempered around then, he just picked an utterly stupid time to bring the card out.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Gomis tackle was the kind you want to see in the game. 100 percent committed taking everything. 

Whilst I love a blood and thunder tackle, I have to aee the tackle again but I dont think it was that. My concern at the time was that he had gone studs first in a fairly aggressive stamping manner which is red all day long these days regardless of what anyone likes to see. 

9 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

3 points is about the only positive. Even then... that positive buys Ray a little more time.

If you are happy with that today then it shows how far our standards have fallen.

I dont think anyones getting carried away. However, the move away from the diamond is a big bonus when none of us felt he ever would. Ive been wanting a 442 for weeks and finally we have won and immediately see improvement.  Hopefully heading in the right direction but i wont hold my breath.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Durnan had 3 or 4 fouls after his booking and he had one that must have been very late down in the corner where the boy got a cross away. I was watching the cross and didnt see what the ref gave a foul but presume Durnan cleared him out after the ball was gone.

I thought Gomis just put in a committed tackle.

I thought Gomis just put in a committed tackle.
Like I say il need to watch again but my reaction was oh shit he's done that boy there. Granted the ref was much closer than me and gave nothing so maybe it was fine but it looked over the top and thats what their arsehole number 6 was shouting about repeatedly. Also, using what the ref thought as a benchmark of correctness should be done with caution.

10 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

I actual just could not care less these days. Literally only going out of routine.

Just feel nothing for this manager or set of players. Just want Ray oot the door.

Left with like 15 to go cause I just felt what is the point in even watching this.

Not even the likes of doyle, gomis and Buchanan??

I actual just could not care less these days. Literally only going out of routine.
Just feel nothing for this manager or set of players. Just want Ray oot the door.
Left with like 15 to go cause I just felt what is the point in even watching this.

That’s what happens when you close your Academy and replace it with signing a bunch of journeymen every 6 months. Rips the heart out of the club and the passion out of the support....

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Took in this game as a neutral, and it was the right result, I thought Falkirk were at least 2 goals better than Forfar (1st half anyway),  so 3-0 is fair.

'Re the above point, I agree, Durnan did some very stupid things once he was on his booking, especially the one where he caught Hilson a sair yin well after he had played his cross away. A more competent ref than Cook could have shown him a 2nd yellow.

I was very impressed with Gomis's reading of the game, every Forfar clearance seemed to land at him, it's as if they were aiming for him, though I thought his control was quite poor at times, especially in the first half. Seeing as a lot of Bairns fans are creaming themselves over him, I'm maybe wrong.

I was right behind the line of the first goal, it was in from the moment it left his boot, cracking strike and goal. 3rd goal was very nicely taken too. 

My take on McManus' booking - the clash itself was pretty 50/50, but McManus had been quite visibly dissenty to the ref on 2 or 3 occasions, the ref maybe took the chance to card him for something.

Enjoyed watching Ex-Son Gregor Buchanan (despite the man bun), he did well in his own role AND covering for Durnan's erraticness. As previously said, the right side of Falkirk's attack was potent.

Re Forfar,  I thought Hillson did very well, despite being pretty isolated a lot of the time. Best forward on show today, for me. #11 was full of energy,  and I presume should have been providing the support for Hillson,  but he was kept so busy by Falkirk's RB and RM that he could really get far enough up the park. #6 also quite good at winning possession, but needs to hurt teams more once he gets it.

Special mention for the Falkirk player who managed to mishit a shot so badly that it went right over the stand and into the car park - waaaaaayyy.

40 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Barry Cook is still an utterly fucking woeful referee

.This x a million

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Deserved Falkirk win in a scrappy game. The Loons played about as poorly as current form had suggested. Falkirk away is not really our best bet to start picking up points though so not that downhearted. £18 though ffs !

How much do you think you should pay?