Falkirk vs Forfar - 14/09/2019

Solid performance so far. Still look a little suspect defensively they’ve had a couple of chances from putting the ball into our box but so much better going forward. Reckon we’ve created more chances in that first half than in the last 4 games combined.

Gomis makes it look like he’s playing a completely different sport to McShane/Tidser. Comfortably out best player imo. Really hoping we don’t repeat the Dumbarton game in the second half really hope we keep on playing, definitely more goals in this game for us.

Solid performance so far. Still look a little suspect defensively they’ve had a couple of chances from putting the ball into our box but so much better going forward. Reckon we’ve created more chances in that first half than in the last 4 games combined.

Gomis makes it look like he’s playing a completely different sport to McShane/Tidser. Comfortably out best player imo. Really hoping we don’t repeat the Dumbarton game in the second half really hope we keep on playing, definitely more goals in this game for us.
His first touch, especially taking balls put the air, is fantastic.

McKinnon has bought himself another month. They did really well today, and “foot off the gas” apart, little to complain about, but still stuff to be concerned about.

If McKinnon reverts to type next week, then the knives will rightly be back out for him.
We have two teams above us and Stranraer coming up, and those three games might make or break him. If he thinks two shitfest draws and a win in those games will keep everybody sweet, he better think again.

If he loses one of them, he’s in bother.

Gomis motm for me with Longridge and Doyle the standouts from the rest. Connolly and Doyle showing shoots of a decent partnership down the wing and Dixon doing fine at just providing backup and occasional overlap for LL.

After we picked up again in the second half Connolly looked to be really enjoying himself despite coming in for some heavy challenges. He absolutely loves that wee "round the corner" flick pass. Came off for him a few times today.

Bad points.... Durnan is a sleeping giant of potential calamity just waiting to wake up.

McManus had another frustrating afternoon culminating in a ridiculous shot from 40 yards when Doyle had burst a gut to run through.

Sammon slipped put of the game but maybe that could be blamed on the team being happy to sit on the lead until the subs were made.

Gomis took a bit of a chance the way he went into that lad in the middle to my eyes despite the ref not giving a free kick, I actually thought it looked a leg breaker and though a red was coming.

What else..... Hard to say what to make of McMillan. He did some nice linking up and was unlucky to have a cross took off his toe. He did sclaff a decent chance though. He certainly looks a better option than DJ.

Only really saw the first half.

Mikey Doyle [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

More improvement from Louis was good to see. I had no doubt he'd score when he picked up the ball for the third.

3-0 is a very good result against Forfar. I expected more from them but we dominated them for long spells.