Falkirk vs Forfar - 14/09/2019

7 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

What kind of reception is MC gonna get? Do you think he'll be in the South stand, in with the real fans?

(I've never been in the south stand BTW)

Not sure about MC but if he buys me a pint in the south stand bar before the game then I'm solidly behind his bid! Due to work I haven't been at the last 2 away games (or the challenge cup game) so I'm expecting a dumbarton type pummeling for forfar as Ray drives us to the league #wrappedupforxmas #100points 

We don't even look like scoring so I expect a nil nil borefest or narrow away win. Defensively in the league we aren't conceding many but we can't create at the other end. The fringe players never pulled up any trees in the Raith game. I can't see any of them starting on Saturday.  McKinnon needs to somehow find a formula and sharpish or he might find his career in management is all but over. 

Edited by ebobsboy

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

We don't even look like scoring so I expect a nil nil borefest or narrow away win. Defensively in the league we aren't conceding many but we can't create at the other end. The fringe players never pulled up any trees in the Raith game. I can't see any of them starting on Saturday.  McKinnon needs to somehow find a formula and sharpish or he might find his career in management is all but over. 

I would be putting McMillan straight in, as you said we are struggling for goals and he might just be the answer. If we don't get the win it's going to be pretty hostile for Ray at full time. 

Defensively we're pretty sound, only let in one goal in 5 league games.  Its attacking where we need to improve massively.  

Noticed on Saturday that at bye kicks raith went to 2 4 4, they wont always win the first ball but at least they had more players forward to contest the 2nd ball.  Not saying we should do that but ray has to find a way of getting more players into the opposition half quicker.

4 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Had it in my head that Forfar were half decent going forward but going by the comments, I'm wrong. Might just be the game where that bloke that moved to Kelty Hearts tore us a new one that's stuck in my mind..

We have plenty of good forward thinking players but they are not performing as a unit and some are woefully out of form. Hence we are relying far too much on goalkeeper and defence. I'd like to think we'll click soon but I think it may take a few more games and changing our formation to get more out of us.

37 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

We have plenty of good forward thinking players but they are not performing as a unit and some are woefully out of form. Hence we are relying far too much on goalkeeper and defence. I'd like to think we'll click soon but I think it may take a few more games and changing our formation to get more out of us.

Would like to see Hilson right up top where he was last season and find somebody to play off him in the hole -- Tapping or Kirkpatrick maybe?

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

McKinnon needs to somehow find a formula and sharpish or he might find his career in management is all but over. 

Thing is, I don’t think McKinnon is looking for a formula......he is using the same one he had in his Brechin days...........don’t get beat.

When asked a couple of weeks ago why it wasn’t clicking, he said he didn’t know. He won’t change while he still sees mileage in blaming the players.

Sadly, Mr McKinnon is simply our latest dud.

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I am so looking forward to this , it will be a festival of football.

Impressive home win in my opinion, and the kick start of our season.

And we have the massive added bonus that Mark Campbell will be there measuring up for the 4th stand.

What a time to be alive! 

Just need the hot tub back mate and it would be football nirvana.