Falkirk vs Forfar - 14/09/2019

25 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Why does it suggest that? Not sure Travis is as good as made out by some.

Also can't understand Irvine strolling into the team every week.

Well, a constantly changing team, several players not at their best, lack of goals all concern me. And now the captain dropped.

42 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I agree with you about Irvine don’t know how he get selected week after week there are far better player than him sitting on the bench

It's League 1, it is what it is & we deserve to be here. 12 months ago we were watching players who could barely string 3 passes together & would've been mauled by today's opponents. 
13 months ago I watched in horror as Hartley's heroes were very lucky not to be 4 down at half time against yesterday's opposition.

We were in no danger of that yesterday, scored 3 ourselves and had some chances to add to that.

Are people getting annoyed that our league 1 team isn't playing like our top end of the championship team of a few years ago? The past few games have been crap, but that yesterday was a good win.

13 months ago I watched in horror as Hartley's heroes were very lucky not to be 4 down at half time against yesterday's opposition.

We were in no danger of that yesterday, scored 3 ourselves and had some chances to add to that.

Are people getting annoyed that our league 1 team isn't playing like our top end of the championship team of a few years ago? The past few games have been crap, but that yesterday was a good win.

Agree a good win , did not need to even get out of second gear
If Falkirk had went up a gear it would of been 5 or 6
We only had 1 shot on target and your keeper probably had his easiest game

Grate bar at the ground and excellent facilities and a good crack with the Falkirk fans

Only down side was the result and sitting in pigeon shit

18 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

3-0 win against the 2nd best defence in the league and some people feel they weren't entertained enough. 

Fucking Falkirk fans.

Quite agree. We played well enough and did what we had to do. I was impressed with Doyle and Connolly in particular, Longridge was fine and took his goals well and I thought Johnstone looked quite good when he came on. Strangely enough I felt that Gomis possibly ha his worst game for us, gave the ball away a few times and caught in possession sometimes too.

Too many folk expecting 1970 Brazil I think. 

Agreed. Judging that as anything other than a good performance baffles me. Aye everything except the Dumbarton game has been shite, but yesterday was very good in spells, and satisfactory in others, despite not being fun, when we were 2 nil up and Forfar offered no threat. Said lastnight aye you might think Ray would have gone for the jugular in the circumstances, but once the subs were made we went for it again.

Agreed. Judging that as anything other than a good performance baffles me. Aye everything except the Dumbarton game has been shite, but yesterday was very good in spells, and satisfactory in others, despite not being fun, when we were 2 nil up and Forfar offered no threat. Said lastnight aye you might think Ray would have gone for the jugular in the circumstances, but once the subs were made we went for it again.

I think McKinnon will go all out for an emphatic win when he is boxed into a corner with relegation looming (RC end of last season) or his job is starting to look under threat.

Of course, we will win other games handsomely (Dumbarton), but that I think that has as much to do with what the players might sense within the game rather than being what McKinnon sets them out to achieve.

I honestly believe that a win against Stranraer and draws against EF and RR wouldn’t disappoint him. It would of course see him hit the “x games undefeated” loop tape, and that is the worry we will carry throughout this season.

Guest bernardblack

Travis is better than shoehorning Docherty into the team every week.