Falkirk vs Forfar - 14/09/2019

They done what they needed to do, but personally, I took zero satisfaction out of watching it.I can’t remember being as bored at a Bairns game as I was today.
The league is brutal.

Dumbarton and Berwick cup game aside that was the most ‘attacking’ and most chances we’ve created in a game.

No saying it was a brilliant watch by any means but by f**k that was a massive improvement from the previous 5 games where we’ve been shite and created next to nothing.

24 minutes ago, Russ said:

Dumbarton and Berwick cup game aside that was the most ‘attacking’ and most chances we’ve created in a game.

No saying it was a brilliant watch by any means but by f**k that was a massive improvement from the previous 5 games where we’ve been shite and created next to nothing.

Not denying it was an improvement, but that’s comparing it to games where we were literally rancid.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

It's League 1, it is what it is & we deserve to be here. 12 months ago we were watching players who could barely string 3 passes together & would've been mauled by today's opponents. 

Of course we deserve to be here - we’re a state on and off the park. I hate being in this league, just hope to Christ we get out it at the first attempt.

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

McKinnon has bought himself another month. They did really well today, and “foot off the gas” apart, little to complain about, but still stuff to be concerned about.

If McKinnon reverts to type next week, then the knives will rightly be back out for him.
We have two teams above us and Stranraer coming up, and those three games might make or break him. If he thinks two shitfest draws and a win in those games will keep everybody sweet, he better think again.

If he loses one of them, he’s in bother.

First line correct bar really well, what is type in the next line ?

Forfar today were on par with Dumbarton, they were happy with 2 nil, if it became 2-1 with their approach....yehaa but their approach only changed very late in the 2nd half.

2-0 as it was till late will have some managers in this division will seem like some sort of result, going on our budget and surroundings. 

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Gomis motm for me with Longridge and Doyle the standouts from the rest. Connolly and Doyle showing shoots of a decent partnership down the wing and Dixon doing fine at just providing backup and occasional overlap for LL.

After we picked up again in the second half Connolly looked to be really enjoying himself despite coming in for some heavy challenges. He absolutely loves that wee "round the corner" flick pass. Came off for him a few times today.

Bad points.... Durnan is a sleeping giant of potential calamity just waiting to wake up.

McManus had another frustrating afternoon culminating in a ridiculous shot from 40 yards when Doyle had burst a gut to run through.

What else..... Hard to say what to make of McMillan. He did some nice linking up and was unlucky to have a cross took off his toe. He did sclaff a decent chance though. He certainly looks a better option than DJ.

Longridge still doing what he did previously, holding on to the ball too long, poor passing or  decisions when he eventually releases it. He is a skillful player without a doubt but its what he does with the ball that has seen him with no club till late August and ending up from top league to 2nd tier to 3rd tier.

I actually thought Johnston did well in the game, from one who has slated the year contract, McMillan looked nervous but came good...ish all too early to judge him tho shouldve been on 15 -20 mins earlier as we were going through the motions. 

The subs actually changed our laboured ways or perhaps Forfar tiring 

6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

How many would Louis have had to score for you to give some praise through gritted teeth?

Longridge is still doing what he did first time around, not realising the ball or using the correct pass and his shot over the North stand had me thinking of Bryan Purdie, tho his was a clearance over the stand.

He is obviously has a talent in skill with the ball at his feet but it means fuk all if he doesnt release it accordingly for it to flow. 

The 2nd half today was torture, crying out for a sub or two but didnt happen till Telfer got injured. Forfar were what I and many expected of a div one team, skilled to a level, level wasnt reached in the game, became more physical tho FFC got caught up in the physical side, which is what teams will want. 

A DKD in there wouldve been some sort of direction, the 2nd half was something Id avoid watching again fully

1 hour ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

The irony, if Ray gets sacked after the rovers game next month. It would be just fitting for the snake

cant work out if Branch Ton/Viking Ton alias or what beef a Raith supporter would have with RM the snake comment makes me think its a Ton supporter alias

cant work out if Branch Ton/Viking Ton alias or what beef a Raith supporter would have with RM the snake comment makes me think its a Ton supporter alias
Think they were upset that he was talking to Utd whilst they had a playoff to play.

That playoff was the biggest game in living memory for Raith so you can see where they are coming from for me.

1 hour ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Good question.
Part of JW's master plan and would love to hear the reasoning behind it.

Yes indeed. So would I, because I'm having real trouble trying to understand what he's trying to do. The late substitution plan isn't working, and if the idea of player rotation is the plan, it isn't working either.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Think they were upset that he was talking to Utd whilst they had a playoff to play.

That playoff was the biggest game in living memory for Raith so you can see where they are coming from for me.

Hardly. But as  Morton and us have discovered he's a reptile.