Falkirk vs Forfar - 14/09/2019

28 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s what happens when you close your Academy and replace it with signing a bunch of journeymen every 6 months. Rips the heart out of the club and the passion out of the support....

There is an element of that, but tbh, the team I’ve enjoyed the most in the past decade (Housty era) didn’t really contain any academy players at all (except Sibbs). 

It’s just the team that McKinnon has put together here. Folk like Dixon and that. Just fucking grim folk all over the park.

Sick eh it.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:
Actually, what's with applauding the subs every time they come out to warm up? Is it a Falkirk tradition thing or something?

I genuinely thought all fans did that.

Only ones with stands behind the goals obviously.

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
48 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:
Actually, what's with applauding the subs every time they come out to warm up? Is it a Falkirk tradition thing or something?

I genuinely thought all fans did that.

Everyone except Dumbarton it would seem...

Guest Ecosse83

Pretty comfortable today but still boring to watch. 

2nd half was a joke until some changes were made. Thought Mcshane upped the tempo when he came on getting the ball forward more quickly. 

Overall easy 3 points but still boring. 

On a side note that Campbell looked like he walked in off the street, he could have at least made a bit of an effort 🙈

3pts, clean sheet, goal of the season contender, good from Gomis, Doyle and Connelly. Still not the greatest watch though
Pretty.much my thoughts. We were far from convincing & sat back on the 2 goal lead for the better part of the 90 mins.

There is an element of that, but tbh, the team I’ve enjoyed the most in the past decade (Housty era) didn’t really contain any academy players at all (except Sibbs). 
It’s just the team that McKinnon has put together here. Folk like Dixon and that. Just fucking grim folk all over the park.
Sick eh it.

Point is, if you keep chopping and changing, the fans can’t identify with the players. Also most of these players will not be with us long before moving on so you never feel they have the club at heart.
You can’t always say that about players we bring through either but you are more likely to build up more of an affinity and desire for them to do well and stay.
Ginger Edibairn being a notable exception....

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Point is, if you keep chopping and changing, the fans can’t identify with the players. Also most of these players will not be with us long before moving on so you never feel they have the club at heart.
You can’t always say that about players we bring through either but you are more likely to build up more of an affinity and desire for them to do well and stay.
Ginger Edibairn being a notable exception....

That’s exactly it.  Youth players (“one of our own”) get given extra time and a bit of a break.  Long term players - even 3 seasons - are forgiven stuff, and become the heart of the team.

Weve just had too many changes.  I’ve no doubt if Buchanan lasts a few years, and say Doyle or Sammon is here next year, that’ll change.  It’s not the players’ fault, it’s just the state of impermanence we’ve lived through since...Killie in the playoffs?

25 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

3-0 win against the 2nd best defence in the league and some people feel they weren't entertained enough. 

Fucking Falkirk fans.

They done what they needed to do, but personally, I took zero satisfaction out of watching it.I can’t remember being as bored at a Bairns game as I was today.

The league is brutal.