Russia           15pts   +14
-----------------------------
Cyprus             7pts      +5
Kazakhstan   7pts       -1
SCOTLAND   6pts       -8
San Marino    0pts    -28

1cat5r.jpg?a435480

... and up next: Russia (A).

Clarke was never going to reverse this campaign. This group of players lost 3-0 to fucking Kazakhstan. 

Clarke is not the problem. We have no right back, no credible centre halves, no credible centre forward and other than Fraser limited accomplished wingers. f**k is he meant to do with that group of shite? 

Other shite teams seem to have an attacking talisman that get them results almost single handedly. We don't, so we won't win games. This campaign and maybe even the next are a write off until the manager has a generation of players that give him a fucking chance.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

... and up next: Russia (A).

This could be a worst ever qualifying campaign.

The only thing we have left is the play-offs - we should be looking to get a team that can shitfest their way through those games - the problem is that we have too many lightweight players who are just so easily brushed off the ball - where's the beast in midfield to kick some arses?

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Ngl, we're playing the best team in the world tonight and given outside of the importance of this result, it's about what I would expect sadly.

I will say this however (although I know I will get disagreements which is fair), we have a back up plan which literally asks us to beat either Finland or (hopefully) Bulgaria at home once without a reverse fixture, and then either Norway or Serbia at home once without a reverse fixture. We have home advantage in any game we play in the play-offs, and I feel like we can handle these teams. I am happy to be the only one not devastated after tonight, as Scotland are in a way better position as my club is in terms of achieving their goals.

San Marino and Cyprus are the only wins we have in this section. Even our dragged out win against Israel they were better for most of it.  Finland, Bulgaria, Norway or Serbia? With the pressure of must win? 

Even more revealing than the result is the fact that we were playing the world's number one ranked team in a European Championship qualifier and the ground was a long, long way short of full. Ten years ago it would have sold out within hours.

The SFA need to shake themselves out of their complacency and ask themselves how they broke the connection to the fans and what they need to do to fix it. Because it's about a lot more than results.

They might want to look along the M8 where, in 8 years, crowds for the two home world cup warm-up matches have increased from a combined sub 50,000 to 120,000.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This could be a worst ever qualifying campaign.

The only thing we have left is the play-offs - we should be looking to get a team that can shitfest their way through those games - the problem is that we have too many lightweight players who are just so easily brushed off the ball - where's the beast in midfield to kick some arses?

Given how horrible our win against Cyprus was I dont look forward to that away game never mind Russia.

Just now, GordonS said:

Even more revealing than the result is the fact that we were playing the world's number one ranked team in a European Championship qualifier and the ground was a long, long way short of full. Ten years ago it would have sold out within hours.

The SFA need to shake themselves out of their complacency and ask themselves how they broke the connection to the fans and what they need to do to fix it. Because it's about a lot more than results.

They might want to look along the M8 where, in 8 years, crowds for the two home world cup warm-up matches have increased from a combined sub 50,000 to 120,000.

Meeting open. 

Any ideas?

Put the prices up.

Thank you, meeting closed.

Clarke was never going to reverse this campaign. This group of players lost 3-0 to fucking Kazakhstan. 
Clarke is not the problem. We have no right back, no credible centre halves, no credible centre forward and other than Fraser limited accomplished wingers. f**k is he meant to do with that group of shite? 
Other shite teams seem to have an attacking talisman that get them results almost single handedly. We don't, so we won't win games. This campaign and maybe even the next are a write off until the manager has a generation of players that give him a fucking chance.

Same goes for every other manager since brown.

This was a match against a team that has some unbelievable talents in their ranks. With this defence, a 4-0 defeat was probably getting off lightly.

Our campaign was never going to be determined by our results against Belgium anyway, the Russia and Kazakhstan games are the ones that have killed us this time.

It's easy to blame the manager and to say that he should have set the team up this way or that way or picked different players, but our pool of defensive and striking options are really poor and outside of the obvious definite starters they really aren't good enough.