Scotland v Belgium (Match Thread)

King Kebab

This is just a training session for Belgium, the gulf in class is massive.

I'd forgotten how bad Mulgrew actually is, he just can't defend and neither can Cooper.

It's not Clarke's fault, it's a very poor pool of players. 

5 0 with Belgium barely breaking sweat.

2 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

There comes a time when a football nation has its watershed moment and the powers that be rip up the manual and rebuild. Others have done It. But we won’t. We never do. This campaign should be ours. Nations league “success” is saving us from the complete obscurity the SFA deserves.

The problem is we've had about a dozen of these watershed moments over the last 20 years.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
At what point does the manager start getting questions asked of him? Or do we just give up forever?

Questions are being asked already. But if you're seriously suggesting he is the issue then you need your head looked at.

It's much more fundamental - root and branch reform is required but it won't happen while the shower that runs the SFA are in charge.

Andy Robertson is close to our best player.

He was playing for Queens Park in his late teens. I.e. just about the best player of his generation for out country was out of professional football just as he was reaching the point where he was ready to make regular appearances at top flight football.

Its not alkie McLiesh, or Steve Clarke or even any of the SFA, its the whole system that is not recognising or developing players from early youth. 

This is just a training session for Belgium, the gulf in class is massive.
I'd forgotten how bad Mulgrew actually is, he just can't defend and neither can Cooper.
It's not Clarke's fault, it's a very poor pool of players. 
5 0 with Belgium barely breaking sweat.
Mulgrew, cooper and o Donnell are doing their best though. They're just so far out their depth it's not funny.

Kevin de Bruyne is an absolute joy to watch, his vision and passing are ridiculous at times.

It never ceases to amaze me how fans will call for the manager’s head in situations like this. What exactly should he have done differently? They’re lightyears ahead of us in every department, and will split us open at will regardless of formation or coaching.

1 minute ago, Adolfo Rios said:

There comes a time when a football nation has its watershed moment and the powers that be rip up the manual and rebuild. Others have done It. But we won’t. We never do. This campaign should be ours. Nations league “success” is saving us from the complete obscurity the SFA deserves.

We've already "ripped-it-up" numerous times... think-tank, "Youth Initiative", Millennium Action Plan, elite pathway, McLeish Review/"Scotland United: 2020 Vision", performance schools...

Now we've got the botched "Project Brave" - which you can't rip-up, tbf, as it isn't actually written-down in the first place.

13 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

I'm aware I'm likely to get ripped into for this but so what.

I might be off my head, but honestly I don't think we have been that bad.

They have scored with nearly every chance.

We have kept possession quite well and pressed well also. 

This might turn into a shit show now, but we're really really unlucky to be 0-3 down

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:
At what point does the manager start getting questions asked of him? Or do we just give up forever?

Questions are being asked already. But if you're seriously suggesting he is the issue then you need your head looked at.

We have had seven different permanent managers since we last qualified for a major tournament. All of them have achieved the same thing in a variety of styles. I'm sure that if our qualification depended greatly on the manager then we'd have found a solution to that by now. Maybe we're just bad at football?