RRFC vs. Peterheed

36 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Played superbly well today. Vaughan’s goal was worth the admission alone. 

No one had a bad game. 

As easy afternoon at Starks Park as we will ever get. Peterhead looked completely lost. 

Cant argue with any of that, Rovers will have a harder session in training than they had today. That's twice now we have been at Starks & been dire both times. Without Rory we cannot take the ball in or hold it up front which lead to one-way traffic again today. Raith had players right out on both touchlines nearly all the time & even then their other midfielders had loads of space. The only bonus was we did not lose by at least twice as much as it was on the cards from early on 

1 minute ago, Dalziel8 said:

I thought Simon Ferry did a good job of stopping Vaughan etc breaking from the middle of the park. Without him, it could have been more.

Stop right there, Vaughn tore him a new one more than once.

The c**t should stick to blogging.

That was probably the best I've seen us play since McGlynn took over. Our best performance probably as far back as the 5-0 against East Fife two years ago.

I was totally scunnered after the East Fife game, but with Anderson signing, Vaughan looking like he's never been away and Baird joining next week, there are reasons for optimism.

But, as has been noted by others, we've been here many times before. We must start backing up these jobs performances when we're on the road.

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Cant argue with any of that, Rovers will have a harder session in training than they had today. That's twice now we have been at Starks & been dire both times. Without Rory we cannot take the ball in or hold it up front which lead to one-way traffic again today. Raith had players right out on both touchlines nearly all the time & even then their other midfielders had loads of space. The only bonus was we did not lose by at least twice as much as it was on the cards from early on 

That’s the first time this season we’ve had three center backs with a couple of wing backs turned loose outside them. Worked a treat, it did. Now, if we can replicate this form away, we can certainly take the league, but I suspect it will never be that easy.

I really, really enjoyed that today, which isn’t something I’ve said too often in recent seasons, apart from that afternoon we pummelled Dunfermline.

It was four going on eight, and as much as the Blue Toon looked guff, they’ve only lost three times in 90 minutes this season, twice to us and once to Dumbarton. It was a decent win.

Having Lewis Vaughan available is a literal game changer, and while he didn’t have the game all to himself today, his goal, which was brilliant, and his celebration was great.

The fact Davidson even joined in showed how much it meant to everyone else, and with Baird and Dingwall still to come in, and Victoria still on the bench, our depth actually looks quite good.

Our spine is now far better than a week or two ago, and it was great to see Steven Anderson at the heart of a back three. He was excellent, and as other people have pointed out, his presence seems to have made a huge difference to the defence, albeit it could barely be a smaller sample size.

Am I starting to think about a title win? No. Do I think it’s impossible? Also no.

I really, really enjoyed that today, which isn’t something I’ve said too often in recent seasons, apart from that afternoon we pummelled Dunfermline.

It was four going on eight, and as much as the Blue Toon looked guff, they’ve only lost three times in 90 minutes this season, twice to us and once to Dumbarton. It was a decent win.

Having Lewis Vaughan available is a literal game changer, and while he didn’t have the game all to himself today, his goal, which was brilliant, and his celebration was great.

The fact Davidson even joined in showed how much it meant to everyone else, and with Baird and Dingwall still to come in, and Victoria still on the bench, our depth actually looks quite good.

Our spine is now far better than a week or two ago, and it was great to see Steven Anderson at the heart of a back three. He was excellent, and as other people have pointed out, his presence seems to have made a huge difference to the defence, albeit it could barely be a smaller sample size.

Am I starting to think about a title win? No. Do I think it’s impossible? Also no.

When are you back on the telebox? I'm bored of soccer am on a Saturday morning already and always watched you guys instead.

That was great to watch. Difference Anderson makes is absolutely massive. Apart from his obvious defensive qualities, it just gives everyone that bit of confidence when it comes to playing out from the back. Massive difference in Benedictus and Davidson, it's like a weight was lifted from them. 

Pretty complete performance and impossible for Peterhead to play against. We were causing trouble being either direct or patient, meaning they had no idea if they could sit in or press. The beauty of having Vaughan is that it's not simply a case of marking Hendry out the game anymore for other teams. There was enough movement throughout the side to make that very hard to play against. 

Lewis Vaughan, unreal. Absolutely mental to think that's his first competitive start since Jan. 

As stated, it's all about what we do away from home. Next two games will tell us more. Come through them with real improvement and there might be a title challenge. 

What a performance yesterday. Have to say I was extremely impressed with Kieran and Michael, both ran their arses off running up and down their respective flanks. 4 goal contributions by 2 full backs in a game where we only scored 4 goals is a brilliant return.

Since I’ve talked about 2 of the defenders, might as well talk about the rest. This was the best game Bene and Davo have played since the 3-0 stomping against the T*wnies. Both looked confident and were eager to win the ball, and were playing neat wee passes. But the best central defender on the park has to be Steven Anderson. He’s came into a defensively inept squad, and showed everyone how to lead a back-line. Good to see a defender not barking orders, but actually talking and helping them through the game, and with experience like that, I suddenly feel confident for the rest of the season.

Regan and Brad bossed it as usual, just a shame Regan’s head isn’t as much use as his feet... Honestly though, what a find Brad was, because I had never heard of him while he was at Forfar and Dumbarton, but he’s probably been our best signing. And Regan, we already knew his class.

Moving on, Grant Anderson and Lewis Allan had very good games. Lewis chases every ball he sees flying in his direction, and Grant with another goal, that has probably given McGlynn a stroke with the team selection crisis that is soon to happen. Dingwall, Matthews, Bowie, Victoria, Smith, Thomson and Baird are all soon to be back, and this team will suddenly be the best league.

Oh yes, Lewis Vaughan. The boy is sensational, runs a game alongside Hendry and Spencer whilst not even 100% fit. Makes their keeper look a w****r, and their defence look like fuds.

Plus Dunfermline are bottom, with the combined points total of Raith, East Fife and Cowdenbeath 19 times greater than them. What a weekend.

Surely we can’t win the league with Falkirk in the division?