RRFC vs. Peterheed

As complete a 90 mins we've had in a long time. Under no pressure whatsover during this match but sometimes i despair at the Rovers support....40 mins in,2-0 up and Peterhead have sat with 10 men behind the ball so far...we're keeping possession and going forward then go backwards and the crowd start moaning. By going back the way, we're trying to get Peterhead to come out a bit and create gaps...have some patience ffs.

Literally what I said as the game was finishing. Rovers fans streaming out to save themselves 3 minutes on their trip home, bizarre. Stay and applaud the team off, man.
What got me was that folk were having a go when we're 4-0 up for seeing out a clean sheet, and suffering the one injury. Completely understand why we were so conservative in the final ten minutes.

Yeah the same can be said about Davo too. Puts in (IMO) a man of the match performance and the moment he’s slack with a pass there’s folk moaning at him. We look a completely different team with Anderson in it, calms the whole defence down. Also, Munro has looked very assured the last two games!

23 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Good performance today. The new formation seemed to work, but the next two games are away from home, so that’ll be the acid test.

Nice finish from Vaughan for the third goal.

Nice!?Nice!?

It was a sublime finish

Like others,surprised at the team selection but hey ho McGlynn got it spot on.Excellent performance and could have been 6,7,8

There were a number of players in the running for my MotM,Vaughan,Hendry,Spencer,Davo,Anderson(Grant) but Anderson(Steven) was the stand out

Now dont f**k it up at Airdrie next week

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Steven Anderson. What a difference at the back. Roaring at them even when they get it right. Oh, how we've needed him.

He'll never stop that, its amazing. He can shank a ball out the stadium and then he'll turn and fire expletives at the nearest midfielder for not coming for a pass.

Some boi 😍

That, was absolutely excellent. 
We could still be playing and not have conceded. As good as we were today, Peterhead looked awful. We're yet to see them with mcallister (fucked the spelling I think) but they are going to need him this season to stay up based on what iv seen.

Munro had two shots iirc to deal with but both were straight at him. The backiline was absolutely solid! Love ando already. The wingbacks both did very well, and very rarely had to tuck in and defend, such was the control we had on the game. Vaughan Spencer and hendry. Need I say more? The three of them are absolute ballers. The other ando and Allan did well up top, working hard and the former took his goal well. A shame to see him going off but good to hear smudger saying he's hopeful for him training Tuesday. With Victoria back, Dingwall due back and Smith not far away either we are looking alot more solid. Our big test is how we come out of the next two games, with them being away from home. I'm alot more confident that we can turn our horrible away form around with the likes of Anderson at the back.

Kinda feel for Mikey Miller. Scores two goals from right back, and doesn't get MoM...[emoji38]
Was always going to be the case with Vaughan getting a goal. Miller has really impressed me since he went to rb. Pre season I wasn't sold on him playing in the middle but he's done very well so far.

We were top drawer today, no doubt about it. As complete as I can remember us being. With Anderson and Vaughan we look a million times better.

But, we’ve breezed home matches before and it hasn’t helped us on the road. Hopefully not another false dawn - on we go to two very, very big matches for our season.

Kinda feel for Mikey Miller. Scores two goals from right back, and doesn't get MoM...:lol:

Amazing thing is I’ve heard some rovers fans deride his goal again Peterhead earlier in the season as a lucky cross that happened to go in! Some people are never happy.