RRFC vs. Peterheed

Back to league business.

Vaughan hattrick in the first 30mins, then sub him off & get him bubble wrapped.

Geordie had a decent game against Falkirk, held the ball well & distribution was good, would maybe opt to keep him in the sticks and give McGurn a wee break.

Geordie

Miller Anderson Bene MacDonald

Anderson Hendry Spencer Gullan

Vaughan

Allan

Not much protection of the defence, so possibly Miller in midfield with McKay starting at RB.

13 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A repeat of the league cup match would be just fine.

Unfortunately it is a possibility, that game was the worst I have seen from us this season, as that night we will be missing Rory which led to us not being able to hold the ball up front & we were never in it. Hopefully Jim can come up with a plan but without Rory would be happy with anything from the game.

On 10/09/2019 at 09:45, peternapper said:

Unfortunately it is a possibility, that game was the worst I have seen from us this season, as that night we will be missing Rory which led to us not being able to hold the ball up front & we were never in it. Hopefully Jim can come up with a plan but without Rory would be happy with anything from the game.

The plan will be to play Simon Ferry up front as he has played over 100 games for us without scoring a goal so he must be due to score one soon. Seriously though, Simon has been playing his best football this season and he is available on Saturday even though he doesn't usually play on artificial pitches. Should be a good game and a draw would be a good result for us.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/peterhead-fc/blue-toons-ferry-to-be-pitched-in-on-plastic-down-at-starks-park/

Gutted I will be missing this as away for work. Flying during the first half as well... hopefully turning off flight mode at 4:05 and seeing a good result...

I would also be tempted to leave Vaughan on the bench and give him 30 minutes. If the result is in doubt then its a great sub to have. On the other hand, I can see a sound case for giving him the first 55/60 to get more minutes and 'win the game' early and bring him off. 

The kind of game that is a must win in light of our start and pishy away form. Hopefully a solid win and then on to Airdrie next week to see if Anderson is the magic bullet to our away form (please be the magic bullet 🤪). C'mon Rovers just fucking win so I'm full of beanz for the away day a week on Saturday!

I got the impression from McGlynn’s interview post-Falkirk that he’s looking to start Vaughan here. Would be a big boost to be going into these two tough away games with Vaughan and Steven Anderson in the side.

Did Vaughan play in midfield when he came on for Tait on Saturday? I’ve thought for a while we might need a slight tweak to our system to accommodate Vaughan’s return. Maybe more of a 4-4-1-1 than a 4-3-3.

I got the impression from McGlynn’s interview post-Falkirk that he’s looking to start Vaughan here. Would be a big boost to be going into these two tough away games with Vaughan and Steven Anderson in the side.

Did Vaughan play in midfield when he came on for Tait on Saturday? I’ve thought for a while we might need a slight tweak to our system to accommodate Vaughan’s return. Maybe more of a 4-4-1-1 than a 4-3-3.

He seemed to be playing off of Allan when he first came on but once Bowie went off the system was tweaked and he was playing in midfield.

If we continue to play the 4-3-3 I would guess Vaughan will end up coming in off the left.

Genuinely excited to see Vaughan in a Rovers strip again. I was in Brechin that day he fucked his knee and the look on his face was nothing short of distraught when it happened. Having him back on the park again is, of course,  great for us - but for him I'm sure it's much more. He's spoken about how mentally tough it was coming back from this one so I'm naturally absolutely fucking delighted for him. Fancy him to score regardless of if he starts or comes on, but the way McGlynn spoke about him in Falkirk post match you'd think he'll start. 

Would go with:

Munro

Miller--Davidson--Anderson--MacDondald

Anderson--Spencer--Hendry--Gullan

Vaughan

Allan

Leaving Bowie out because of the run he's had in the team thus far and the knocks he's taken. Great sub to have to bring on against a tiring defence. 

Has the pitch bedded in now, when we were down in the League Cup seemed to be some strange bounces on it.

Why would it not be bedded in after an entire season? Literally the first complaint I’ve heard/read about the pitch. Widely renowned as the best surface in the country.

11 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Thought it was just changed this season, my mistake

No problems, if you felt it was bouncing weird for the Cup match, a fair question overall. In return, how’s your injury situation these days? Ours is pretty depressing right now with not a lot of extra depth at mid.

Rory is suspended which leaves us in a similar position to the cup game finding it hard to hold the ball up front.  Jamie Stevenson has been out for a while but could be fit for this game. With Willie Gibson now away our squad is getting very small, we could be back to sitting in frustrating Rovers & hopefully taking a chance if it comes along. How is your centre half getting on now has he settled down yet. Don't know if we will be stuck in that corner of the stand next to the home end like the cup game but if we are think I may have to take a bit of astro to sit on they must be the most uncomfortable seats on the go with no back on them 90 minutes is torture no matter how the game is going.

Edited by peternapper

28 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Rory is suspended which leaves us in a similar position to the cup game finding it hard to hold the ball up front.  Jamie Stevenson has been out for a while but could be fit for this game. With Willie Gibson now away our squad is getting very small, we could be back to sitting in frustrating Rovers & hopefully taking a chance if it comes along. How is your centre half getting on now has he settled down yet. Don't know if we will be stuck in that corner of the stand next to the home end like the cup game but if we are think I may have to take a bit of astro to sit on they must be the most uncomfortable seats on the go with no back on them 90 minutes is torture no matter how the game is going.

You mean Mendy? That was, to date, his penultimate appearance.

We've since signed Steven Anderson on loan from St Johnstone, so gives you a clear insight as to how the other centre backs were getting on.