Killie v Hibs

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Episode 5 of a 38 part series entitled 'what the f**k is going on with our midfield?'

IMG_20190914_222204.thumb.jpg.405cc7d639d08fe2042dd08a6525ae51.jpg

:lol:  

Tbf our midfield includes two boys that won’t run, tackle or defend in any way shape or form. Our summer recruitment was absolutely baffling.

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Good wins for the Ayrshire professional teams today. Is everyone loving AA yet? 

Also Edinburghs gruesome twosome struggling, pleasing

We're getting there, but as AA said in his post match KillieTV interview, our performance is still well short of where he wants us to be.

One thing that has impressed most is the quality of player he has signed, Del Fabro has already become a leader on the pitch, El Makrini is getting better with each game as his fitness improves, Branescu looks decent and Niko has come in and tbh, we don't miss Greg Taylor. 

That was a great result for Ayr today, especially keeping Shankland off the score sheet. I think you guys could ruffle a few feathers this season again......

Edited by C4mmy31

42 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We're getting there, but as AA said in his post match KillieTV interview, our performance is still well short of where he wants us to be.

One thing that has impressed most is the quality of player he has signed, Del Fabro has already become a leader on the pitch, El Makrini is getting better with each game as his fitness improves, Branescu looks decent and Niko has come in and tbh, we don't miss Greg Taylor. 

That was a great result for Ayr today, especially keeping Shankland off the score sheet. I think you guys could ruffle a few feathers this season again......

Hopefully your good run will extend next week against one of the Glasgow orks! It took yous a while but you made some decent signings and I think top half is realistic, maybe top 4 again seeing a season Hearts and Hibs are doing shite! 

I hope we do. I’d take a play off place again and Shankland who 😉

42 minutes ago, Ocular Patdown Required said:

Everyone is loving him except the media dinosaurs

The media had it in for him as he was following Steve Clarke who the press loved. Also he wasn’t one of the “Jobs for the boys” crew. Glad he’s finally silencing them a bit

Thought we were excellent yesterday. Much is being made of the pundits' claims that Hibs dominated. For me, it was a return to our tactic under Clarke - restrict the opponent, stay tight, concede few chances, get in at half time at 0-0, tweak for major second half improvements as needed. I lost count of the times we did this under SC. He always prioritised not conceding in the first half.

Folk saying our fans were patient yesterday. That wasn't my experience. The usual morons around me in the East Stand werent happy that we sat off so much (maybe they missed the last two seasons?) and gave stick to the usual targets - SOD and Brophy seem to be it at the moment. Took great delight in ramming it right up the moaners when SOD got an assist and Brophy a key pass. 

Was great the way the atmosphere changed with the goal though. When Millar had the ball first half it wasnt really coming off for him, but he stuck at it and thought he lit up the second half. Took his goal brilliantly after that wet dream of a pass, and loved his skill later in the game to burst through on goal. Gutted Marciano saved that one. 

Good performances all round. A fourth clean sheet for Branescu, Del Fabro strolling it again, Findlay back and at his usual standard, Niko looking a great replacement, El Makrini coming onto a game. Happy days. 

Agree [mention=29037]deadasdillinger[/mention] , however SOD is a strange one: there were plenty of occasions when he has acres to run into but seemed reluctant. 
He's a defender first and foremost, you can't expect him to always go. Even still, I thought he was our main attacking outlet for a lot of the game. Him and Niko are definitely starting much higher up the park than our full-backs did under Clarke.

Excellent win. While the first half might not have been one for the purists, the second half was magnificent. Hard to find a player in the Oxford blue who wasn't trying and the two goals were just rewards for the play. It's great that Angelo's plan seems to be bearing fruit and it's even better to get it right up the jobs for the boys guys in the media. Next week will be a very different game but I'm enjoying how solid we've become at the back, with no goals conceded in the past 4 games it's looking like it's becoming hard to score against us.