Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath

Another league game and another game of utter shite.  I though our performance against Edinburgh City was bad but this takes the biscuit.

Last week no McGuigan so we played the ball on the ground and had reasonable success and looked the part.  This week McGuigan comes back and we revert to the long ball, the high punt and look completely lost.

The decision to replace Anderson was totally wrong, McGuigan should have been off and to bring on Dykes for Halleron beggars belief.

Our goalkeeper has a serious problem with his attitude, I make that 3 yellows at least so far this season and all for stupidity. Why does he have to run and get involved when it has nothing to do with him?  Can't be long now before he picks up a suspension.

If McMenamen was the best candidate available then the others must have been really bad.  We have lost every one of our home league games so far and are currently sitting 3rd from bottom 2 points above Stirling and Brechin. We only have the one tactic and that is not working.  Will be interesting to see what the board do over the next few weeks.  If we fail to beat Brechin and Stirling in the next two weeks then the board should hold up their hands and admit they have made a serious mistake and show him the door before we end up in the play offs for league survival.

Seriously pissed off with what is on offer.

Well done Cowden you at least tried to play football.

Very little can be said about our performance today other than completely abysmal and clueless.

Absolute garbage at home for some reason.

Will someone please tell McMenamen that the high ball up to Marky is not working and we need to change our style.  Will be interesting to hear his comments.

Felt lousy today but made the effort to attend only to be served up absolute cack. Will know better in future.

Edited by Moonglum25

Some result that, not easiest of places to go and i thought they would have been more fired up after their cup win but we seemed to boss that first half, Funny to see Graeme Smith getting  pelters on here, i used to live over from him, i would have thought hes decent goalkeeper to be honest but guess hes on the decline now, I doubt Coxy would have been backing down with him tho lol

Edited by SuperCowden

35 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

Another league game and another game of utter shite.  I though our performance against Edinburgh City was bad but this takes the biscuit.

Last week no McGuigan so we played the ball on the ground and had reasonable success and looked the part.  This week McGuigan comes back and we revert to the long ball, the high punt and look completely lost.

The decision to replace Anderson was totally wrong, McGuigan should have been off and to bring on Dykes for Halleron beggars belief.

Our goalkeeper has a serious problem with his attitude, I make that 3 yellows at least so far this season and all for stupidity. Why does he have to run and get involved when it has nothing to do with him?  Can't be long now before he picks up a suspension.

If McMenamen was the best candidate available then the others must have been really bad.  We have lost every one of our home league games so far and are currently sitting 3rd from bottom 2 points above Stirling and Brechin. We only have the one tactic and that is not working.  Will be interesting to see what the board do over the next few weeks.  If we fail to beat Brechin and Stirling in the next two weeks then the board should hold up their hands and admit they have made a serious mistake and show him the door before we end up in the play offs for league survival.

Seriously pissed off with what is on offer.

McGuigan and playing Football don't go together simple.

Blimey. How are we so inconsistent. Not just good to bad, but so bad. I thought Anderson and Halleran were our two best players, and neither finished the game, albeit Halleran looked to have taken a knock.

And the comment about the keeper is correct. Second week in a row he is out of his box squaring up to opposition. Does he think it is helping?

Next two are Brechin and Stirling. Still an awful long way to go, but fail to take anything from these games and the writing is definitely on the wall.

Stenny will definiely win one of them 2 games coming up, I didnt expect to win today but will take it all day long,, we turned corner last season, after some worrying times, got some good young players just now and they really look to be enjoying themselves infront of goal, nothing to fear next week, Queens Park seem to be hot and cold just now

Well deserved from Cowden today. They didn't have to work too hard for it thou.

As far as I'm concerned the writing is already on the wall. I would get shot of him yesterday.

He has gave nothing since the draw at pittodrie that suggests he is the man for the job.

Forget the TNS game, that was a free game that didn't matter if we lost, these games are your bread and butter and he is failing miserably.

After the "guarantee" that we were going to get better after the Edinburgh City game, the following couple of results seems to have been a fortunate turn of events for McMenamin rather than anything resembling a turnaround, that was an absolute shambles today. I have absolutely zero faith in him going forward from today. Don't see any sense in waiting to see what happens in the next fortnight, the run of games starting today was a 9-point must run, that's gone now, make the change.

Edited by Christophe

38 minutes ago, Christophe said:

After the "guarantee" that we were going to get better after the Edinburgh City game, the following couple of results seems to have been a fortunate turn of events for McMenamin rather than anything resembling a turnaround, that was an absolute shambles today. I have absolutely zero faith in him going forward from today. Don't see any sense in waiting to see what happens in the next fortnight, the run of games starting today was a 9-point must run, that's gone now, make the change.

Shouldn’t be difficult, your chairman on again about how much dosh you have.

Firstly as bad as we are let's give credit to Cowdemlnbeath. They are a solid looking outfit. I dont think they will compete for the title but I'd fancy them for a play off spot. Nothing spectacular, play to their strengths off Renton and Barr has them solid as a rock at the back I don't think they will lose many goals. Cox and Smith buzzing off Renton will do damage at this level. 

As for us well it's just the norm isn't it? You just sit there laughing it's so bad. We are absolutely horrendous all over the park and have no idea what we are doing. There's no direction coming from the management and if there is it's certainly not being carried out. Long ball after long ball to strikers who can't win a header or link up together. How long is this going to go on for?

The odd cup result has masked the complete shambles we are in the league for the last 6 months. And it's getting worse. As I've said numerous times we aren't all of a sudden going to go on a run as we don't have it in us under the current regime.

The board were happy to let Bomber go when it was nowhere near this bad and part of the reason was the recruitment. So what's the difference here? It's worse by a country mile. The loan signings for example are utter shite and none even get a game. Great recruitment and use of resources.You expect to turn up every game and get turned over without a whimper. That can't be right.

Brechin will body us next week and then there is no choice for the board when really it's delaying the inevitable. Just get it done now.

Would love to know what process is when looking into these laddies we get on loan, do we just take whatever we are offered? I get out and about to a good few reserve games on a monday and CAS 18's games on a Friday if I'm off work through the week...Connor Smith has always impressed me at Hearts games as has Callum Smith of Dunfermline currently banging them in on loan at Airdrie, seems like these clubs identified the standout players at this level and yet we end up with Dylan Dykes, Brandon Luke and Marky Munro....an absolute joke.

Luke is a signed player believe it or not. Another quality piece of recruitment.

Loan players should be starting players who enhance the first eleven not just squad filler. What a complete waste of time.

Scullion has looked alright in patches but the fact he can't get in the worst team in my lifetime is alarming.

First Cowdenbeath game I have been able to make for quite a while sadly but well worth the wait. 

I was very impressed by the quality of some of our play and we always looked dangerous in attack. Great to see the defence working so hard and looking well organised as well. Threw themselves into blocking tackles and fought for every ball. A mention for the keeper as well who looks like a bit of a character. What a fantastic reflex save he made with his leg from a deflected shot, leading to us going up the other end and scoring. Needs to work on his kicking perhaps but he commanded his box well . Liked the look of him and he got a cuddle from our physio after being elbowed in the face by a Stenny player ( How romantic )

Hard to judge the team from one performance and perhaps Stenny had a bit of an off day but I was fairly  impressed by the guys today. What a pleasure to see a bit of confidence back and hopefully we can be competing in the upper half of the table instead of the nerve shredding experience of struggling in the lower reaches.

Absolutely love the strip as well. My brother used to have a silk butcher strip Cowdenbeath scarf from way back but sadly I can’t find it anywhere.  Well done to the team on an excellent performance and long may it continue.

First Cowdenbeath game I have been able to make for quite a while sadly but well worth the wait. 
I was very impressed by the quality of some of our play and we always looked dangerous in attack. Great to see the defence working so hard and looking well organised as well. Threw themselves into blocking tackles and fought for every ball. A mention for the keeper as well who looks like a bit of a character. What a fantastic reflex save he made with his leg from a deflected shot, leading to us going up the other end and scoring. Needs to work on his kicking perhaps but he commanded his box well . Liked the look of him and he got a cuddle from our physio after being elbowed in the face by a Stenny player ( How romantic )
Hard to judge the team from one performance and perhaps Stenny had a bit of an off day but I was fairly  impressed by the guys today. What a pleasure to see a bit of confidence back and hopefully we can be competing in the upper half of the table instead of the nerve shredding experience of struggling in the lower reaches.
Absolutely love the strip as well. My brother used to have a silk butcher strip Cowdenbeath scarf from way back but sadly I can’t find it anywhere.  Well done to the team on an excellent performance and long may it continue.

Yes that was a sore one from David Marsh - large swelling and bloody from cut on Kevin's cheekbone under his eye. He is indeed a real character

Wasn't at the game, so can't comment too much.

As others have mentioned, our league form has been poor for a while now, didn't realise until earlier that our last home league win was in February. Our last defeat away from home in the League was at the end of March. So why are we picking up results away from home but not at the ground we play at? We seem to play better away from home, as the pressure seems to be off? 

In terms of the loan signings, I've not been too impressed by Munro (not seen enough of him, especially in the league) or Dykes. Scullion has played well but has been replaced by O'Neil since he returned from injury. I'm not too sure if any of those 3 would really change much if they were played, as the squad overall is quite poor.

Something needs to change for next week, if we can't beat Brechin at home, it's going to be a long season for us. 3 points will put us further ahead of them and Stirling, but a loss could see us be 10th come 5pm next Saturday.