Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath

14 hours ago, SuperCowden said:

Id personally play Pyper & Barr, we need some physical players in what will be a tough away game I think, saying that we are on winning run, would be silly to change it and mess with player confidence, either way would love us to take at least point from this one

Not sure why we would drop Todd if it is physicality we need? Don’t come much more physical. 

18 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Happy with an opponent being injured! That’s partly what’s wrong with Scottish fitba.

Hardly, it wasn’t a serious injury I’m sure megginson was back playing the following week. Probably what’s wrong with our national team actually too nice, and our performances resembling our PC snowflake nation! Back in my day the first shout in the changing rooms was always let them know your f***ing there, leave one on him especially in reference to a star striker. And that’s exactly what you did and hoped he would limp off. 

9 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

So you would be happy to see Messi limp off in the first minute? I personally would pay to see Messi not a clogger of a Centre Half. That was the mentality when I played but that’s the dark ages, football has moved on and the rules have been adjusted to allow that, like it or not.

I would have been happy to see de bruyne limp off on Monday night yes, he went on to assist in a couple of goals and score one himself. 

38 minutes ago, Bluebrazilcfc said:

Hardly, it wasn’t a serious injury I’m sure megginson was back playing the following week. Probably what’s wrong with our national team actually too nice, and our performances resembling our PC snowflake nation! Back in my day the first shout in the changing rooms was always let them know your f***ing there, leave one on him especially in reference to a star striker. And that’s exactly what you did and hoped he would limp off. 

"Proper Football Man sick of this PC snowflake nation"

vs nigel GIF

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Happy with an opponent being injured! That’s partly what’s wrong with Scottish fitba.

Megginson wasn't injured and playing the next game, it wasn't even a foul.  Not unusual for him to go off "injured" when he's had a few hard tackles.

He (Megginson) was booked earlier in the game for a bad tackle on a Cowden player. 

Of course nobody wants to see any player seriously injured, at the end of the day these guys are part time players and have a job out with football which a lot of them will rely on to provide for families etc. But if an opposing star player limps of and its nothing serious and he’s at work on a Monday and playing the following week, I’ll take that. 

I can remember the days when Elgin City carthorse Hugh Dickson was vilified on these message boards by a handful of Cowdenbeath fans for putting Markus Paatelinaen up in the air back in 2006.

Yes. Now that was a tackle worth mentioning. Category A.

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I can remember the days when Elgin City carthorse Hugh Dickson was vilified on these message boards by a handful of Cowdenbeath fans for putting Markus Paatelinaen up in the air back in 2006.

Me too. Effectively finished his career at the end of a game Elgin were losing by four or five goals. The guy almost lost his leg.

One of the more stupid posts.