ali_91

Aberdeen - St Johnstone 14 September 2019

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

You should tell your drunken self that instead of calling a bunch of people you don’t know ‘losers,’ for being happy a player is back. 

And you should also support one team and stop being a walking minter. 

You're an angry man

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You're an angry man

I can only assume you’ve quoted the wrong post here. 

17 minutes ago, big al said:

Deary me.

I have my own personal reasons why I have supported Aberdeen all my life, and they are f**k all to do with you.

My dad used to take me to the odd game  for a birthday etc and there was nothing glory hunting about getting pelted with snow on the wooden benches to lose to St Mirren. We never went to big games.

i have lived in Cowdenbeath 2/3rds of my life and if I want to support them I will. 

Says a lot about you that you are the one with the problem.

And for the record, bullying is definitely not cool.

Tells him it's f**k all to do with him why he supports his big team,  then explains why he supports his big team :lol:

the gift that keeps giving.

You're all* welcome to adopt Aberdeen as your big team. We won't judge you. 

*exceptions apply

2 hours ago, Templar said:

I do not want to get into a debate about the definition of supporting. It would be difficult for me to be in Scotland, England, Holland, Germany and Israel at the same time.

You state, Supporting is putting your money and time into the club. What about the man or woman who cannot afford to go to a game they cannot be their in person. The bread winner who has to work match days to make ends meet. They certainly cannot afford to buy merchandise. That is where we differ. Your personal circumstances do not decide if you are a supporter or not.

Supporting a team can be in your heart and in your memories. St Johnstone will always be top of my list and others do not come near them but when you go and support numerous teams over the years, they stay in your heart and you cherish the memories.

Before you decide if I am a supporter of St Johnstone or not by your criteria. I give my time when i can. I go to the games when i am back in Scotland. I put money into the team by buying Saints TV and I buy merchandise even if it only a programme and a few pints in the bar.

I do not troll I respond to what I agree with and what I disagree with. In this incident it was that in my opinion you can support more than on team.

See, one of the things about language is you don't just get to decide how you want to define words. Neither to I, so it's not 'my criteria'. 

You 'support' a club by ... supporting it. Which you do through your Saints TV subscription etc.

You can support as many clubs as you like, in as many countries as you like, as far as I'm concerned, but if you're supporting 2 clubs in the same country you might be one for the watching. Personally, I've only got the time or energy or interest to actually 'support' one team, which is the only one that matters to me (except my lad's youth team).

If all you do is watch a team on telly and look at the scores every week then you're at best a 'fan' or an 'interested party'.  For example I watch out for Ayr United because my dad took me as a kid, and will catch them on the telly and sometimes read the forums. I'd never call myself a supporter because I do nothing to actually support them, and never will. I'd not lose sleep if they were relegated. 

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

You should tell your drunken self that instead of calling a bunch of people you don’t know ‘losers,’ for being happy a player is back. 

And you should also support one team and stop being a walking minter. 

Nae probs, sure I will do just as you tell me.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Tells him it's f**k all to do with him why he supports his big team,  then explains why he supports his big team :lol:

the gift that keeps giving.

That wasn’t the reason, just saying something we used to do. 

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If that makes you feel better, then fine. That’s a standard answer from anyone accused of bullying.

😂 Aye whatever son

Hang on, is there someone openly admitting to supporting a provincial club and one of the OF in this thread?

4 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

Hang on, is there someone openly admitting to supporting a provincial club and one of the OF in this thread?

No. Some twat supports cowdenbeath, his local side, but also started supporting Aberdeen because they were seemingly good in the 80s.

9 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

😂 Aye whatever son

I hate to think what age you must be if I’m your son.

No. Some twat supports cowdenbeath, his local side, but also started supporting Aberdeen because they were seemingly good in the 80s.
That's actually worse.