ali_91

Aberdeen - St Johnstone 14 September 2019

Looking forward to the proper stuff starting again. 

Couple of debuts for us I’d imagine.

Clark

Ralston Kerr Gordon Tanser

McCann Davidson Holt

O’Halloran Kennedy

May

Worries obviously the same as before, with a very inexperienced back 4/5, but front six looks quite strong now imo. 

Would imagine Wright will start on the bench, no point rushing him back with the options we have. 

Early train up and a night out in Aberdeen afterwards.

Stevie May first scorer and me to be bedded by 8PM double for me. 

Just now, ali_91 said:

Looking forward to the proper stuff starting again. 

Couple of debuts for us I’d imagine.

Clark

Ralston Kerr Gordon Tanser

McCann Davidson Holt

O’Halloran Kennedy

May

Worries obviously the same as before, with a very inexperienced back 4/5, but front six looks quite strong now imo. 

Would imagine Wright will start on the bench, no point rushing him back with the options we have. 

Stevie May first scorer and me to be bedded by 8PM double for me. 

Is that a double for Stevie May too?

3 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Most of the blokes will want to stab you, most of the burds will want to shag you, you can alternate this in certain pubs though.

Think this will be the game in which we stop what seems like ages of getting pumped by these fuckers. 1-2 and I will be in attendance. 

Bryson to start showing his class and Hedges to stick out but only a narrow home win, 2-1. Fermers goal will not come from May though.

Shows how boring and pointless I find the international break, when I’m looking forward to a game against the fermers.
Fantasy football from both sides, and a thumping home win.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Think this will be the game in which we stop what seems like ages of getting pumped by these fuckers. 1-2 and I will be in attendance. 

Only 9 months since Jason Kerr made Scott McKenna look like a pub team player who only gets a game cos he washes the strips, and Alston scored goal of last season Tam.

22 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Only 9 months since Jason Kerr made Scott McKenna look like a pub team player who only gets a game cos he washes the strips, and Alston scored goal of last season Tam.

Was that only 9 months ago? Feels like a fucking lifetime with the way we played in the second half of the season.

Good performance here is vital, even if we end up losing.

Think that's us finally full strength again, we have three new signings who've had two weeks training with the squad, and two weeks to prepare for this. Can be no excuses for a poor performance.

Keeper and back four pick itself, with Ralston replacing Duffy on the right.

Holt should come straight into the team, beside Davidson. Kennedy and MOH have to start, as does May.

TW then has the choice of McCann/Craig to bulk up the centre, or Wright/Swanson/Kane if he fancies playing someone central and closer to May. Suspect his decision here could be vital.

I'd be going (excuse the formatting)...

Clark

Ralston - Kerr - Gordon - Tanser 

MOH - Holt - Davidson - Wotherspoon

Kennedy

May

Too early for Wright to be starting games again, and Wotherspoon ahead of Tanser seemed to bring the best out both last season. Holt should be brave enough on the ball to allow a central two to work, and then Kennedy can roam about behind May trying to cause problems by being able to go either way with the ball.

Be a big test for the defence but that's just how it is.

Edited by RandomGuy.

17 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Was that only 9 months ago? Feels like a fucking lifetime with the way we played in the second half of the season.

Last 5 games at Pittodrie has both sides winning two, and one draw

Clark

Wright - Holt - Davidson - O'Halloran

Kennedy

May

Similar to RG, but putting Wright in on the right hand side. Start with our best players.

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Wright - Holt - Davidson - O'Halloran

Kennedy

May

Similar to RG, but putting Wright in on the right hand side. Start with our best players.

I would leave MOH right and Kennedy left both are playing well in those positions. You could see a dip in their performances changing their positions. Wright on the bench and either Kane or Hendry forward with May. Suspect it will be Kane because Tommy came to is defence in the media and it would prove the doubters correct in their assumptions if he dropped him.

40 minutes ago, Templar said:

I would leave MOH right and Kennedy left both are playing well in those positions. You could see a dip in their performances changing their positions. Wright on the bench and either Kane or Hendry forward with May. Suspect it will be Kane because Tommy came to is defence in the media and it would prove the doubters correct in their assumptions if he dropped him.

If Drey Wright is comfortable on the left then I would leave O'Halloran right and play Drey there.  Kennedy off May would allow us to play our best attacking players, without weakening us defensively, and we could really be doing with point(s) here.

Kennedy was superb playing central last season in the no.10 position, and it's something I don't think we've used enough.  Would get May involved far more. 

Hendry, Kane and Swanson on the bench to come on and make an impact if required.

1 hour ago, Templar said:

Or more likely Kane proves the doubters right by being fucking hopeless

3 hours ago, Templar said:

I would leave MOH right and Kennedy left both are playing well in those positions. You could see a dip in their performances changing their positions. 

I'd argue they aren't playing well enough, they couldn't  break down a shite killie defence, Wright is raring to go and Matty has played that role brilliantly before, I'd go for the lineup Paulo suggests.

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'd argue they aren't playing well enough, they couldn't  break down a shite killie defence, Wright is raring to go and Matty has played that role brilliantly before, I'd go for the lineup Paulo suggests.

What makes me disagree with that formation is not the players capabilities but Tommy's formations and tactics so far this season. If Tommy's planning was to play Kennedy in the centre he would be have played him there for most of the season (not once so far) because we have had ample cover for the left. He has tried MOH and Swanson in the centre and both failed to produce and even with their poor performances in the centre Tommy did not play Kennedy in there. 

Then again it could all be a cunning plan.