Monday Night Football Thread

lichtie23

That Roughing the Kicker penalty on the Saints for the missed XP was complete bullshit. That rule is slowly becoming my most hated in the game. How can I player diving at full stretch to block a kick or a punt stop his momentum so he doesn’t hit the kicker?

I doubt it'll be the last Raiders Broncos game in Oakland. They have an option to play there again next season and stadium redevelopments always seem to take longer than planned. 

Decent performance by the Raiders. Bears gonna need to improve to maintain my 100% victory record in matches attended.. 

Great finish to the Texans-Saints game. Thought Brees had fucked it by not calling a timeout but shows what I know! 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

22 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I doubt it'll be the last Raiders Broncos game in Oakland. They have an option to play there again next season and stadium redevelopments always seem to take longer than planned. 

Two reasons why there's a very good chance it will - it's for an NFL team, and it's in Las Vegas. Considering the money this thing will make them, neither will mess about.

A couple of months back it was confirmed that the stadium is still on schedule to be ready in July 2020 (ie. on time for next season). There seem to be bigger worries about the walkways (for actually getting people to the stadium from the surrounding areas) than the ground itself, but you'd think if they can chuck up a state of the art stadium in 4 years then a few pavements and bridges shouldn't be too hard... right?

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Two reasons why there's a very good chance it will - it's for an NFL team, and it's in Las Vegas. Considering the money this thing will make them, neither will mess about.

A couple of months back it was confirmed that the stadium is still on schedule to be ready in July 2020 (ie. on time for next season). There seem to be bigger worries about the walkways (for actually getting people to the stadium from the surrounding areas) than the ground itself, but you'd think if they can chuck up a state of the art stadium in 4 years then a few pavements and bridges shouldn't be too hard... right?

It’ll open on time. When the Spurs stadium dragged on, and on, I read somewhere that all the big relatively recent stadium projects in the USA - Atlanta, Minnesota, the re-developed Hard Rock, MetLife, JerryWorld... all opened on time as advertised.

Don’t know if it’s true or not. If it is true, whoever built them should have been put in charge of the Edinburgh Trams, and that dud of a sick kid’s hospital.

It’s Trevor Siemen time

Well that didn’t last long! A horrible looking injury there in a game he looked awful in. Surprised he walked off the field!

Just watched the 40 minute highlights. Jets look anaemic on offence, especially in that 1st half. Falk looked better than Sieman tho. Without Darnold this team will be put on Bell’s shoulders. The Giants might actually be the better NY team.

Didn’t think Baker player well either but he didn’t really need too. That 1 handed catch on the sideline from OBJ was gorgeous. Browns back on track tho.

Not a fan of they new Jets uniforms either

Watched the 40 minute highlights. The Redskins look vile at times (They did improve in the 2nd half) we may just beat them next week! How long are they going to give Keenum? Was that 4 turnovers from him? How many fucking penalties were there as well? Seemed like every 4-5 plays there was a flag, especially in the 1st half.

Booger McFarland continues to be the worst commentator in the game. Absolute clown of a man