2nd v 3rd

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Armed forces day at Ibrox for this game, gives them an excuse for belting out god save the queen, rule britannia and other such wonderful patriotic ditties.

Abseiling down from the roof of the Sandy Jardine stand to present the ball to the ref before ko, and tell him they have a sniper with his sights trained on him, just to make sure he gives Morelos a penalty for when he hits the deck like he's been shot from said sniper whenever he enters the Livi box.

Ah, the long-venerated tradition of armed forces day, such an important part of our heritage, reflecting Britain's role in conflicts like the Second World War, first commemorated at Ibrox [checks notes] about 5 minutes ago.

Still, it'll be nice for the knuckle-scraping bellends to be reminded that there is more to the armed forces that the para regiment. 

I think my last trip to Ibrox was the season we went down from the Championship, and it also coincided with “Armed Forces Day”.

A very cringeworthy event, topped off with the match ball being delivered by a trooper abseiling down from the roof of the ground. Surprised a Chinook helicopter hasn’t been commissioned to land in the centre circle prior to kick off and the ball delivered like the nuclear football.

One thing is for sure, though - Marvin Bartley will be the only tank at Ibrox on Saturday.

More

📋| Here’s how the Lions line-up at Ibrox this afternoon - Stewart, Devlin, Lamie, Guthrie, McMillan, Jacobs, Bartley, Crawford, Erskine, Lawless & Dykes. Subs - Sarkic, Savane, Pepe, Stobbs, Souda, Robinson & Tiffoney.

No Lithgow, ffs, is he injured now too?

Pitts still out injured, but at least Keaghan is back fit, and Robbo is on the subs bench. Still 2 big losses to our starting line up not having Lithgow and Pittman, esp in this game where we need our best players.

55 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Pittman felt a twinge in his knee picking up his wain from a few weeks ago 😕 still out too ffs

Really dodgy line up, not getting anything here

Is a bit better than our last game's line up but we're playing a lot better of an opposition so we could've done with Pittman, Lithgow and Robinson starting, instead of Erskine, Lamie/McMillan, and Crawford. Not sure who's better partnering Lithgow, Guthrie or Lamie, but i'd only have one of them in there and we'll soon see how the two of them get on without Lithgow. Erskine is ok but he's a bit slow and i'd have preferred someone like Robbo instead, with a lot more energy, and obv Pittman is a lot better than anyone in midfield but at least Crawford has a lot of energy and puts in a decent shift.

Just hope nothing happens to Lamie or Guthrie, or Pepe will be coming on, giving me a shiver down my spine thinking of him up against Morelos.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Livi's first shot at goal on the 43rd min, could be the tide turning.

Relieved our makeshift defence is holding out though, would def have taken 0-0 at HT before ko when I saw our starting line up. Hopefully we can keep them at bay till wee Robbo comes on 2nd half, he'll add a good bit of energy into our midfield/attack, and we might just nick a goal.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Livi's first shot at goal on the 43rd min, could be the tide turning.

Relieved our makeshift defence is holding out though, would def have taken 0-0 at HT before ko when I saw our starting line up. Hopefully we can keep them at bay till wee Robbo comes on 2nd half, he'll add a good bit of energy into our midfield/attack, and we might just nick a goal.

Rode our luck.Miracle just round the corner.Or not.