The Sons v The Diamonds 14.9.19

Watched the highlights. From my side of the pitch about 70 yards away I had not a scooby ,while the Film looks inconclusive and the officials could not give it. Ian Murray was closer but he is a poor judge of a yard.  I think the home stand stops short of the 18 yard box so a side view is still at an angle ,probably worse than the Lino? As to the penalty claim I "have seen them given" but I can see how the Ref might have thought the fall was a wee bit exaggerated?  Dumbarton did have chances at the end but Hutton did his job!  I look forward to these games this season now that the run of League draws is over. I did not know Tumilty was on loan from Morton -he looks a good prospect

Feel like we battered airdrie without actually doing much in their box, frustrating. That kind of performance from Calum Gallagher reminds me that we should be glad we didn’t bring him back, waste of a jersey. 10-12 good games for us in 3 years.

The guy Smith up front for Airdrie was a step above everyone but then again it was Neill and McGeever he was up against.

Airdrie number 4 was a bombscare and we should have targeted him.

Carswell on the OS saying he should have buried his chance, the article accompanied with a picture which shows the ball isn't over the line. Obviously not conclusive, I know, but given we've had two camera angles and a picture directly in line and none of them clearly show the whole ball over the line, I tend to side with the referees here. Nice to have that honesty from Carswell though, you can't lament the referees for not taking something when you've got at least 2 golden chances we should have buried. 

On 15/09/2019 at 23:07, Thommo90 said:

That kind of performance from Calum Gallagher reminds me that we should be glad we didn’t bring him back, waste of a jersey. 10-12 good games for us in 3 years.

You're right, Isaac Layne and Ryan Tierney are MUCH better 

I'm happy with Layne but I think it's a bit disingenuous to suggest that Calum Gallagher wouldn't improve our striking options. I actually thought our central defensive pairing dealt reasonably well with Gallagher and Smith, struggled a bit more when Smith was running at them but we did well to keep a busy wee pair like that relatively quiet. 

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

You're right, Isaac Layne and Ryan Tierney are MUCH better 

Great finish.  2 for the season compared to Laynes 5 though... Layne will be on half the wages at most too.

I will be honest and say that Gallagher was used 90% of the time as a right midfielder for us and was poor for most of it.  Only started to look handy when Dom Thomas made him look good.

Great finish.  2 for the season compared to Laynes 5 though... Layne will be on half the wages at most too.
I will be honest and say that Gallagher was used 90% of the time as a right midfielder for us and was poor for most of it.  Only started to look handy when Dom Thomas made him look good.

Think that was only Gallagher's second league start tbf