Staggies vs Buddies - 14/09/19

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Apparently the average human has a line of vision that is 120°. Both would have been absolutely in his line of vision. 

A degree of peripheral vision yes but I would assume they make decisions on looking across the line after the ball is played. That is certainly how it appears. I'm sure there is some scientific study kicking about that actually showed it to be impossible for a linesman to see both the ball being played and looking across the line simultaneously. Anyway, after watching the highlights, he was clearly offside after all. No issue with the linesman taking a moment to make the decision as it was an unusual case of the striker being past the goalkeeper. Think we should be much more concerned with how toothless we are instead of trying to play the hard done by card.

Just watched the highlights, and based on those, how did we lose that game.

Another linesman guessing (incorrectly) and giving the benefit of the doubt in a way that hurts us.

Not quite as bad as Douglas Ross MP giving Killie the winning goal at St Mirren Park last season when it was actually physically impossible for him to see the ball and the line.

It'll be our turn soon 🙂

Massive game for Saints next week.

If any St Mirren fan wants to use it as the start of their rant be my guest [emoji23]
I'm always keen to have a pop at Stubbs, although it's possible that Stewart needed that season in the Championship. He'd been out on loan in league 1 when we won the Championship so it would've been a big jump to go straight to the Premiership.

Stubbs problem was that he got rid of Reilly and Stewart yet only brought in Cody Cooke.

I read on twitter that Stewart has 7 goals and 2 assists in his last 10 games. That's unreal. I'm happy to see him doing well, albeit I'd prefer if it wasn't against us.

3 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I'm always keen to have a pop at Stubbs, although it's possible that Stewart needed that season in the Championship. He'd been out on loan in league 1 when we won the Championship so it would've been a big jump to go straight to the Premiership.

Stubbs problem was that he got rid of Reilly and Stewart yet only brought in Cody Cooke.

I read on twitter that Stewart has 7 goals and 2 assists in his last 10 games. That's unreal. I'm happy to see him doing well, albeit I'd prefer if it wasn't against us.

He's the first name on the team sheet at the minute, really good bit of business getting him for free.

41 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

He's still raw at times, but he's surprisingly quick for a big lad and he's great in the air. His hold up play is his weakest asset right now, as stuff can tend to just bounce off him but if he keeps improving we'll struggle to keep hold of him.

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

He's still raw at times, but he's surprisingly quick for a big lad and he's great in the air. His hold up play is his weakest asset right now, as stuff can tend to just bounce off him but if he keeps improving we'll struggle to keep hold of him.

Was gutted when he left.

Seemed like a really nice lad, with a great attitude.

Happy to see him doing well in the top league.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

18 goals in 42 appearances since he signed.  Considering he was largely a sub when he first signed, that's a terrific record.  I'd be surprised if he's at County next season.

Big Ross has always had great potential and given time I think most of us buddies knew he would most likely fulfil that potential.

It’s great to see him prove that imposter Stubbs wrong, in letting him go. It was a travesty that he was allowed to leave or more to the point pushed out the door by a man who will never manage at this level again. 

Edited by glenburn bud

Stewart definitely needed that extra season in the Championship.  This time last year it was a common occurence that he wouldn't be in the conventional positions that you expect a striker to be, resulting in the team losing possession because a pass to where he should have been would go out for a goal kick or throw in.  He has refined his game a lot by mixing with different types of strikers and then getting a run of starts in the second half of last season.  If he can work on a consistent first touch then he can go much further.