Staggies vs Buddies - 14/09/19

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

Come on guys - this is beginning to read like Black and White Army! f**k sake! Can no St Mirren fans handle their drink? 

Apologies you guys have to put up with this bullshit.  It's the St Mirren fans way attack your own fans s for having an opinion on our chairman.  That where this all comes from. Seriously imagine having a different opinion right or wrong. Have never experienced anything like it. . I wont back down till proved wrong Dip  cant ha handle me having a different opinion to his opinion. That Malky is the bottom line. 

29 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Dip I'm quite happy to put your changed name posts of threats up in this thread. Im. Sure Div can check your IP address if he is up for it. 

By all means, if it will make you feel better, please do. I'm 100% (500%) confident you aren't posting anything that is in any way shape or form associated with me aside from someone presumably pretending to be myself so if it's what you need to do, crack on dude.

You've accused me before of this gibberish about me being a boxer (which I chucked at 9 years old as I didn't enjoy getting punched in the face BTW:lol:) and trying to meet you for a fight and as I told you at the time (and you accepted as the truth), I've never created another account on this or any other site or had anyone else do so, nor PMed you outwith my own screen name to speak to you. Anyone contacting you to wind you up with threats of a fight under my name is doing so purely to wind you up and they have clearly got the desired effect.

Personally, I feel it's all a bit silly but if you insist on posting these PMs to get it off your chest, then have at you. I look forward to having a look over them as I've legitimately never seen them or know the name of the account these allegedly came from as you didn't show me them when you accused me of it the last time.

Edited by djchapsticks

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed bud. I haven't had a drink - I wish I had!

As I wrote above and very important which you have yet to grasp.  We have different opinions right or wrong on both sides. Both of us end up like wee boys in a play ground yet support the same team ? Debate is one thing abuse is another. You like me will not take shit so we need to meet on common ground. Agree to disagree and see what pans out. Have wrote many times if I am. wong throw everything at me. Will hold my hands up and say I was wrong.  Until the accounts come out leave it like that. Simple yes or no.  Edit That's my olive tree where is yours? 

Edited by Demented Zebra

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm more trolling Zebra, who just two weeks ago claimed we were cast iron certainties to be relegated, and you'd be pushing for the top half because Goodwin was the best manager you'd had in 30 years. 

Yes, it conclusively proves nobody was offside.

I reckon the big fella might be blootered judging by the way things have went on this thread.😂

On a serious note I don’t think we can judge where anyone will finish until after the second quarter of games.

Dear drunk people. Probably best not to double down on the offside rule if you don’t understand it to begin with.

Anyway: It’s a borderline call which could have gone one way or the other. The linesman looks to have a better view than the camera, but the striker has to know to leave it. The guy in front of him did. I’m almost tempted to say it’s smart positioning by Laidlaw, but the rest of the highlights suggest it was luck.

Good to see Ricky Foster having an effect from full back on one side, and Marcus Fraser scoring from the other. Oh to have effective full backs.

A poor game of football, not helped by the very windy conditions.

The visitors I felt got the better of the midfield when Vigurs went off.

Two great strikes which hit the woodwork and the disallowed goal helped enormously.

Excellent travelling support, over 400 I believe.

In light of our recent results the 3 points were very welcome.

11 hours ago, Comrie said:

It's marginal. 

If the St. Mirren lads (#9 and #19) had jumped over the ball it's a goal. They didn't so it made the linesman doubt.

Must have been more than doubt. The offside rules are that if there is any doubt, the attacker is given the benefit of the doubt. You can only give offside if it is a clear offside in the assistant referees view. He must have judged him to be clearly offside when he happened to be looking across. Doesn't matter what cameras or tv pictures show, it isn't humanly possible to be looking in two places at once i.e where the ball is played from and then looking across the line. Obviously there is human error and delay. That's just part of the game.

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I think we might be seeing Ruddy in goal next Saturday.

And there was me thinking our goal yesterday was horrendous :lol:

Must have been more than doubt. The offside rules are that if there is any doubt, the attacker is given the benefit of the doubt. You can only give offside if it is a clear offside in the assistant referees view. He must have judged him to be clearly offside when he happened to be looking across. Doesn't matter what cameras or tv pictures show, it isn't humanly possible to be looking in two places at once i.e where the ball is played from and then looking across the line. Obviously there is human error and delay. That's just part of the game.
I thought at the time he was offside but wasn't sure if he touched it. I looked at the linesman straight away and it took him a good 30 seconds to put his flag up. I assume he was discussing with the ref whether or not Obika did touch it.

Bit frustrating, but as I said before we deserved what we got in the end by punting high balls into the wind and inviting more and more pressure.

Well played to county for not settling for the draw. Not much in it in very windy conditions. My biggest gripe is getting boxed in a corner to watch the game. There are hundreds of BETTER EMPTY SEATS behind the goal we were at and still fans/paying customers are put in seats at the corner flags. Would it really make a difference to security if the Saints fans got the middle 3 sections behind the goals with better views? Fans matter

A poor game of football, not helped by the very windy conditions.
The visitors I felt got the better of the midfield when Vigurs went off.
Two great strikes which hit the woodwork and the disallowed goal helped enormously.
Excellent travelling support, over 400 I believe.
In light of our recent results the 3 points were very welcome.

8 hours ago, christinanade said:

Apparently the average human has a line of vision that is 120°. Both would have been absolutely in his line of vision.