Staggies vs Buddies - 14/09/19

Thought Paton was our best midfielder today, wants to make things happen and is always looking for a pass. He makes mistakes, but he's young.

Other than that, how on earth did we come away with three points? Couldn't judge on St. Mirren's disallowed goal as I'm in the Jailend but both ones off the woodwork looked like goals all the way until they bounced away.

The wind didn't help either team today, neither got to grips with it well.

Also, Vigurs/Paton/Henderson/Chalmers are seriously powderpuff in midfield. One body swerve by a St. Mirren player took out our entire midfield at one point.

Edited by Comrie

7 minutes ago, Torfason said:
21 minutes ago, Comrie said:
Did Obika get a touch on it as it went into the goal? If not, that's a terrible decision.

Yeah he did and he was offside, which given it was going in anyway.........

It looks to me like the #19 fresh air swipes his backheel. From the telly, Obika looks in line with Laidlaw when the initial shot is struck.

It looks to me like the #19 fresh air swipes his backheel. From the telly, Obika looks in line with Laidlaw when the initial shot is struck.
Yeah but you need to be level or behind 2 players to be onside. Generally because the keeper is always one of them people only count the defender.

7 minutes ago, Torfason said:
12 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Yeah but you need to be level or behind 2 players to be onside. Generally because the keeper is always one of them people only count the defender.

Joe Chalmers was basically on the line. He was level with Laidlaw and ahead of Chalmers (when the initial shot is taken).

I guess the linesman has thought the backheel got a touch- if so, Obika was offside when that happened, he'd moved ahead of Laidlaw.

Edited by Comrie

Dodged the score and watched it on alba there, sickener at the end.

Thought we deserved the point but was a weird last 10 minutes where we seemed to want to hold on instead of going forward and paid for it in the end.

Hamilton at home next week is a massive game for us now.

Also gonna say for the Stewart goal, that's an excellent assist by Mckay, gets one hell of a leap to beat the defenders for the flick on.
Really pleased to see Stewart making a good career for himself in the Premier, just a shame Stubbs couldn't spot a player.

Five games in and it looks like yet another season of toiling at the bottom of the league again.

I genuinely thought recruitment was good this season but performances and results have told another story.

Where do we go from here if we can’t find anyone who can score goals. 

19 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Five games in and it looks like yet another season of toiling at the bottom of the league again.

I genuinely thought recruitment was good this season but performances and results have told another story.

Where do we go from here if we can’t find anyone who can score goals. 

You've apparently got the best manager since Alex Ferguson in charge, so I'm sure you'll turn it around.