Staggies vs Buddies - 14/09/19

37 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Wimpy still do the Brown Derby.

Reveal hidden contents

d14f66b8e3d87ccea78747564a7949e3.jpg

You guys have still got a Wimpy? Fucking hell. The 2000s are going to be a blast, by the way. All goes a bit tits up from about 2008, but bet your house on Greece to win Euro 2004 and you'll be golden.

16 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Always felt he should have been kept in Paisley a work in progress if you like his best years are still to come. 

I think his career with us was all but over after his performance against that amateur team from edinburgh in the cup. Everything seemed to just bounce off him. Stelios had an absolute shocker that day as well actually and was on the end of a bollocking from Jack Ross.

18 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Same ref as the Livi game. For fuxakes.

This guy is atrocious.

Someone posting a cutting from The Sun (i know!) report of the game where the reporter said this ref was atrocious, gave everything to the home team, and gave him a rating of 0/10.

Seems about right that we get him in the very next game.

Surely a chance for these things to 'even themselves out' 😎

Edited by Bobby_F

Quite something this ref getting another game in the Premiership this season. He was absolutely awful. If Livingston is anything to go by we’re in for a game of free kicks.
Wonder how long it will take a Saints player to lose the rag with him as they did well to limit it to the second half at Almondvale.

Are there many that disappoint after they go to you? It often seems the case that guys leave us go to you and then really kick on?

Ps who is the one? I'm guessing kelly?

I think the last three players we've got that have come through St. Mirren at some point have been Naismith, Stewart and Sean Kelly.
Two out of three ain't bad.

23 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

You guys have still got a Wimpy? Fucking hell. The 2000s are going to be a blast, by the way. All goes a bit tits up from about 2008, but bet your house on Greece to win Euro 2004 and you'll be golden.

Hmmmm. I remember Ross County in the early 2000s. Both of us in the league below, one of their "fans" on here threatening to lob tins of spam at us all the way back down the A9.  Or is my memory playing tricks again?

59 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Do Ross county have tv service that will allow live streaming for non UK residents?

Not a TV service, but there will be highlights on Youtube on Sunday.

17 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

Are there many that disappoint after they go to you? It often seems the case that guys leave us go to you and then really kick on?

Ps who is the one? I'm guessing kelly?

Yeah it'll be Kelly, he's not AWFUL but I don't think he cuts it at this level.

Yes, Kelly. 
Big lad, looks like he should have all the tools to be a good/decent player but with no composure/poor decision making. 
Hopefully Foster will be at left back on Saturday. 
That's quite interesting as when he was with us, admittedly he was just a young guy, but I'd have said the exact opposite. He had a decent touch and was good on the ball, but he got bullied too easily.

It's possible I'm misremembering. I thought Rae was wrong to get rid of him at the time though.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

That's quite interesting as when he was with us, admittedly he was just a young guy, but I'd have said the exact opposite. He had a decent touch and was good on the ball, but he got bullied too easily.

It's possible I'm misremembering. I thought Rae was wrong to get rid of him at the time though.

He's likes a good cross, so much so that he's completely incapable of blocking any himself.

34 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

If the ball bounces and it goes high in the air you can almost see him freeze in hesitation. He's a good passer and can put in a decent ball into the box, but his physicality is much to be desired. The total opposite of Kenny van der Weg.

17 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

One thing I will say about Kelly is that he is a yard sharper this year and was our best player against Hamilton.

He has his moments but can be improved on quite significantly 

Were you missing defender's against Livie ? Seen the highlights only but was quite shocked at the bad defending. 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Were you missing defender's against Livie ? Seen the highlights only but was quite shocked at the bad defending. 

We were missing a whole squad by the looks of things, really poor from us but Livi seem to be making teams make mistakes so who knows.

we shouldn't be as bad this weekend.