Staggies vs Buddies - 14/09/19

Well thank goodness we have this to look forward to after another international break, St Mirren have looked fairly decent since the appointment of Goodwin and will be no push overs.

Our seemingly never ending injury crisis may limit us in terms of what style we'd like to play.

I think we'll probably line up like this:

Laidlaw 

Fraser  Morris  Watson  Foster

Mullin Henderson Grivosti Gardyne

McKay    Stewart

Very inexperienced midfield 2 but they both have some serious potential.

St Mirren will be dangerous and have some good attacking options.

I'll go for a cagey 1-0 win with Mullin scoring.

4-4-2 might work with Grivosti and Henderson, wouldn't be hugely surprised if we revert to the 4-3-3/4-5-1 that we used for most of last season.

2 minutes ago, Comrie said:

4-4-2 might work with Grivosti and Henderson, wouldn't be hugely surprised if we revert to the 4-3-3/4-5-1 that we used for most of last season.

I think we've been long overdue a change back to the 4-5-1 especially if Vigurs is starting. 

I really like the idea of Vigurs, Grivosti and Henderson in a midfield 3 actually.

We performed very well against Hibs, Aberdeen and Rangers. However our first half performance against Livi was honking as was the result.

We should be looking to take points away from home from the likes of Livi, Accies, County if we don't want to be involved in the relegation scrap.

A draw wouldn't be the worst result but I am greedy. Really don't know what to expect from County.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Really don't know what to expect from County

County fans are much the same I presume.

We look like we could blow sides away and then the following week look spineless and disorganised.

It will be interesting to say the least.

We have only one good result against Aberdeen. The rest of the performances are irrelevant we lost. Livie could have scored 4 or 5 goals they created clear cut chances to our huff and puff very little offered up front.. The out come will be intresting if St Mirren lose then it will be another hard slog of a season the first half at Livie shows we can be utter shit. The second half showed more fight but the bottom line is we lost 3 points. Kirk Broadfoot is a welcome addition. 

Debating whether to go to this one or not, seeing as my name's down for the Pollok bus to Forres Thistle. Not expecting anything from the game the way we've been over the last few weeks, but kinda intrigued by a possible Grivo/Hendo/Vi.....go(?) midfield three. 

Dear Mr Doncaster, there are too many Glasgow teams in the Premiership nowadays. Please eliminate Saint Mirren. I am not a crackpot.

Of course eliminating us would not reduce the amount of Glasgow teams in the Premiership... There is certainly one too many highland teams in this league though.

As with all away games I would take a point going into it, a loss would be a sore one after the Livi disappointment. But Livi beat us 2-1 and they beat Ross County 4-1. Therefore that means we will win.. 2-1..?

We have only one good result against Aberdeen. The rest of the performances are irrelevant we lost. Livie could have scored 4 or 5 goals they created clear cut chances to our huff and puff very little offered up front.. The out come will be intresting if St Mirren lose then it will be another hard slog of a season the first half at Livie shows we can be utter shit. The second half showed more fight but the bottom line is we lost 3 points. Kirk Broadfoot is a welcome addition. 
Performances do matter DZ. It gives teams something to build on, results do matter more though. We put in much better performances than we were expecting because the dross we produced in the league cup.

I'd rather we played crap and won than play out of our skin and lose but football isn't like that.

We can't afford to play like we did in the first half against Livi.

Forgot all about big Ross Stewart. Will he come back to haunt us?

13 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Performances do matter DZ. It gives teams something to build on, results do matter more though. We put in much better performances than we were expecting because the dross we produced in the league cup.

I'd rather we played crap and won than play out of our skin and lose but football isn't like that.

We can't afford to play like we did in the first half against Livi.

Forgot all about big Ross Stewart. Will he come back to haunt us?

Ross Stewart can be a nightmare for centre backs on his day, he has a surprising burst of pace and likes to drop deep and spin off into channels.

Also he's 8 foot tall so quite handy in the air too.

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Ross Stewart can be a nightmare for centre backs on his day, he has a surprising burst of pace and likes to drop deep and spin off into channels.

Also he's 8 foot tall so quite handy in the air too.

Always felt he should have been kept in Paisley a work in progress if you like his best years are still to come. 

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Always felt he should have been kept in Paisley a work in progress if you like his best years are still to come. 

I think the last three players we've got that have come through St. Mirren at some point have been Naismith, Stewart and Sean Kelly.

Two out of three ain't bad.

I think the last three players we've got that have come through St. Mirren at some point have been Naismith, Stewart and Sean Kelly.
Two out of three ain't bad.
Stelios?

I liked Ross Stewart, and as others have said he was a work in progress. Sums up Stubbs' reign punt a promising young player out and don't replace him.

I'm really looking forward to the game. Get a few pints in Inverness before hand then maybe one or two in the Mallard. Great day out.

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Stelios?

I liked Ross Stewart, and as others have said he was a work in progress. Sums up Stubbs' reign punt a promising young player out and don't replace him.

I'm really looking forward to the game. Get a few pints in Inverness before hand then maybe one or two in the Mallard. Great day out.

Some good puds in Dingwall mate. 

9 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Stelios?

Considering I keep running into Stelios, I'm surprised I forgot about him. 3/4 then, I liked him as a player.