Clyde vs Stranraer

Interesting contratemp between a Stranraer Director and 2 Clyde fans. Not sure what started it off but interesting to note the Clyde fans were still in their seats throughout the game whereas 2 Stranraer Directors were absent for the second half.The behaviour of I Director was outrageous.

One of the best Clyde displays I have ever seen, every player put in the effort and got their rewards. Don't expect to see this too often it was of these days where everything just clicked, it doesn't always happen. However it shows promise for the season and confirms Danny knows what he is doing. (I actually got bored in the second half as it was so one-sided).

Interesting contratemp between a Stranraer Director and 2 Clyde fans. Not sure what started it off but interesting to note the Clyde fans were still in their seats throughout the game whereas 2 Stranraer Directors were absent for the second half.The behaviour of I Director was outrageous.

I look forward to an update from the club about that incident.

I assume an apology from Stranraer about the behaviour of their director (or their guest) will be made to the Clyde fan abused by him.

I would say Airdrie dont have one particular outstanding player who makes a huge difference every game. It is the same for most teams at this level. Goodwillie is a game changer who is only playing for you because teams wont touch him. Take him out your team then you will struggle. I don’t think that is particularly controversial?
DGW is a huge player for us arguably the best player in the league of course he would be a big loss . He was crucial to our success last year and almost singlehandly stopped us going into the lowland league
Over that time a lot of our players have matured into important players , we would miss him if he wasnt in the team but not as much as in the past

so what do you mean by struggle ?
to stay in the league? , make the play offs ?

DGW is a huge player for us arguably the best player in the league of course he would be a big loss . He was crucial to our success last year and almost singlehandly stopped us going into the lowland league
Over that time a lot of our players have matured into important players , we would miss him if he wasnt in the team but not as much as in the past

so what do you mean by struggle ?
to stay in the league? , make the play offs ?

I think the league is so tough that you would possibly struggle to avoid relegation play offs

12 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I think the league is so tough that you would possibly struggle to avoid relegation play offs

Forget our performance in the 2 games you've seen us this season. You deservedly won both.

With Rankin & Syvertsen still to come back from injury, and with our improvement in the 4 games since we last played you, I'm confident you'll see a totally different performance the next time you see us - and not just from Goodwillie either.

We're looking up, not down.

15 hours ago, Aufc said:

I would say Airdrie dont have one particular outstanding player who makes a huge difference every game. It is the same for most teams at this level. Goodwillie is a game changer who is only playing for you because teams wont touch him. Take him out your team then you will struggle. I don’t think that is particularly controversial?

Bit of a contradiction this. 

So Clyde will struggle without the best player in the league but Airdrie wont even though you admit you dont have any "particular outstanding player" 

The team yous faced a few weeks ago isn't the Clyde of last season. 

19 hours ago, Aufc said:

You misunderstood. Great effort getting promoted but it is a step up to league 1

It is a step up but the increase in standard is modest compared to a further step up to Championship.  L1 & L2 are basically the old Second Division with the stronger teams in the top half and nothing I've seen so far suggests otherwise.

It's no coincidence our results have improved in line with the improvement in our defence.  Obviously if you stop leaking goals the way we did during the summer you've more chance of getting something from each game, & the improvement also gives confidence to the rest of the team who can go back to playing their natural game.  When they do that they'll give anyone problems at this level.   Of course we'd miss DGW if he was injured, but we've others with a proven track record.

Still very early days but if we keep this level of performance through most of the season we should have a decent crack at top 4.

It is a step up but the increase in standard is modest compared to a further step up to Championship.  L1 & L2 are basically the old Second Division with the stronger teams in the top half and nothing I've seen so far suggests otherwise.
It's no coincidence our results have improved in line with the improvement in our defence.  Obviously if you stop leaking goals the way we did during the summer you've more chance of getting something from each game, & the improvement also gives confidence to the rest of the team who can go back to playing their natural game.  When they do that they'll give anyone problems at this level.   Of course we'd miss DGW if he was injured, but we've others with a proven track record.
Still very early days but if we keep this level of performance through most of the season we should have a decent crack at top 4.

^^^^^^this 100% [emoji122]